Author Topic: **Completed** Thomas Lees (Confused)  (Read 2269 times)

Offline old scotsman

• RootsChat Member
  • Sniffing out the ancestors
    • View Profile
**Completed** Thomas Lees (Confused)
« on: Friday 01 May 09 11:06 BST (UK) »
I have a marriage Between Thomas Lees and Jean Aird 11th March 1733 Source IGI Extracted Local Record

Various Sources on the internet Genealogy sites gives different births and areas for Thomas Lees on this marriage.

It does not effect my tree as he was the husband of my ancestor but I would like to get it right.

I seem to get a lot of information on Thomas Lees born 13th Apr 1735 in Coylton Parents David Lees and Mary Speir.

There was a Thomas Lees born 12th Dec 1739 in Sorn Parents David Lees and Mary Speir (Source IGI Member Submitted) this Thomas works out as 1st cousin once removed to Jean Aird

Another source has Thomas Lees born 13th April 1735 in Glasgow, Lanarkshire with parents David Lees and Mary Speir and Jean was his second marriage as he first married Janet Murdoch. I have confirmed that this Thomas Lees Christened 13th April 1735 parents Isaak Lees and Mary (Source IGI Extracted Local Records)

I would be obliged is someone could help me work out this quandary as I seem to be going round in circles and getting nowhere.

Thanks in advance

Ian
Hunt Parsons Court Oxfordshire
Thompson Rose Scott Lincolnshire
Hague Haigh Pearson West Riding Yorkshire
Fulton Gall Dempster Lanarkshire Ayrshire
Hill Kirkudbrightshire Ireland

Offline JustJean

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Lees (Confused)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 May 09 01:04 BST (UK) »
Not sure this one can be figured out but perhaps a way to try is to follow down each individual Thomas LEES and that way perhaps you can eliminate some and at least narrow up the choices!  The OPR marriage of your Thomas LEES to Jean AIRD unfortunately only tellls you that he was of Coylton Parish at the time of the marriage.  This doesn't confirm that he was born there.  The OPR marriage also does not confirm an occupation or any fathers' names. 

Not much help....sorry!
Jean

Offline old scotsman

• RootsChat Member
  • Sniffing out the ancestors
    • View Profile
**Completed** Re: Thomas Lees (Confused)
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 May 09 18:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jean it would have been nice if his parents were on the marriage but nothing is simple with this hobby!

Again thank you for your help and good luck with you own tree.

Kind Regards

Ian
Hunt Parsons Court Oxfordshire
Thompson Rose Scott Lincolnshire
Hague Haigh Pearson West Riding Yorkshire
Fulton Gall Dempster Lanarkshire Ayrshire
Hill Kirkudbrightshire Ireland