Author Topic: DOLPHIN's of Aston B'ham  (Read 8351 times)

Offline DolphIn TanworthIA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DOLPHIN's of Aston B'ham
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 June 09 23:28 BST (UK) »
Hello
I am a descendant of the Dolphin family of the village of TANWORTH in Warwickshire now known as Tanworth in Arden and I still live in the parish.  The Dolphin  family have been in the area since the 11th century.  I am have an enormousness amount of info and photos and still live on land that the family once owned.  John DOLPHIN was the son of David son of David, son of John. 

John had been married to A

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 June 09 23:37 BST (UK) »
Hello
I am a descendant of the Dolphin family of the village of TANWORTH in Warwickshire now known as Tanworth in Arden and I still live in the parish.  The Dolphin  family have been in the area since the 11th century.  I am have an enormousness amount of info and photos and still live on land that the family once owned.  John DOLPHIN was the son of David son of David, son of John.  After which time the family drifted backwards and forwards over the Worcester border into Yardley and also Redditch.

John had been married to Susanna DEITZ and had 2 children DavidHenry and Sophia.  David jnr died and along with Susanna, he then ,married Elizabeth WALLIS, they had John, James,Ann, William , David, William,and Thomas.  Jon DOLKPHIN then married PHEBE BRADLEY Nee DANGERFIELD. 

If you would like to know more please repl and I will gladly share any info.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 26 June 09 23:38 BST (UK) »
Hello
I am a descendant of the Dolphin family of the village of TANWORTH in Warwickshire now known as Tanworth in Arden and I still live in the parish.  The Dolphin  family have been in the area since the 11th century.  I am have an enormousness amount of info and photos and still live on land that the family once owned.  John DOLPHIN was the son of David son of David, son of John.  After which time the family drifted backwards and forwards over the Worcester border into Yardley and also Redditch.

John had been married to Susanna DEITZ and had 2 children DavidHenry and Sophia.  David jnr died and along with Susanna, he then ,married Elizabeth WALLIS, they had John, James,Ann, William , David, William,and Thomas.  Jon DOLK
HIN then married PHEBE BRADLEY Nee DANGERFIELD. 

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 26 June 09 23:40 BST (UK) »
Hello
I am a descendant of the Dolphin family of the village of TANWORTH in Warwickshire now known as Tanworth in Arden and I still live in the parish.  The Dolphin  family have been in the area since the 11th century.  I am have an enormousness amount of info and photos and still live on land that the family once owned.  John DOLPHIN was the son of David son of David, son of John.  Priorto this time the family drifted backwards and forwards over the Worcester border into Yardley and also Redditch.

John had been married to Susanna DEITZ and had 2 children DavidHenry and Sophia.  David jnr died and along with Susanna, he then married Elizabeth WALLIS, they had John, James,Ann, William , David, William,and Thomas.  Jon DOLHIN then married PHEBE BRADLEY Nee DANGERFIELD. 

Offline TonyDolphin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 27 June 09 11:44 BST (UK) »
Oh my Lord!
I think we may need to communicate. I have just had a reply from a gentleman who kindly went into the records office and found the following information for me:- Quote
'These are from the parish records of Tanworth in Arden, there was no Dolphins in the Tamworth Warwickshire parish records between 1895 to 1805.
Baptism No 32 John son of David and Ann Dolphin Gct 3rd 1802. The fathers name David was not very clear so as proof the marriage record for the parents is Tanworth Page 96 no. 381 David Dolphin to Ann Edwards by license on 9th October 1786 in presence of Nancy Waring John Edwards.' Unquote.
It would appear that we may be related by the above mentioned John son of David  :)
I have quite a bit on our family after John's son Thomas, who had a son also called Thomes my grandfather. It would appear that at some time Thomas son of John married and moved to Birmingham the Thomas son of Thomas moved to Walsall - whence my father was born.

I'm lost for words ...........   

Offline jjnco

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 05 December 09 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

wonder if I can step in and ask a question? I have read with much interest on your listing and was almost shocked to see we could well have a link with yours and my family

My Great Grandfather was a George Dolphin born 1871 Warwickshire county of Aston in Birmingham.  His wife was Annie Conlon they lived at
25 - 9 Cheapside Birmingham or better known as Warwickshire

His Father was also a George Dolphin born 1844

And his father was a Thomas Dolphin born 1815 in Worcester
And was listed as a Shoe Maker.

I would be greatfull if you could get back to me. Would be nice to know the full history of my Dolphin Family

The family used to say the Dolphin family once had land and money and then something happend and they somehow lost it???

Thanks

Joseph
Smith, Conlon, Dolphin, Whipps, Lancaster, Mc Gough, Connolly, Donavan, Hannigan, Roberts,

Offline jjnco

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 05 December 09 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I am a descendant of the Dolphin family of the village of TANWORTH in Warwickshire now known as Tanworth in Arden and I still live in the parish.  The Dolphin  family have been in the area since the 11th century.  I am have an enormousness amount of info and photos and still live on land that the family once owned.  John DOLPHIN was the son of David son of David, son of John. 

John had been married to A
:-[

Hi its fantactic we must be from the same family please contact me joseph.conlon@homail.co.uk
Smith, Conlon, Dolphin, Whipps, Lancaster, Mc Gough, Connolly, Donavan, Hannigan, Roberts,

Offline DANIELLE123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 22 January 10 16:28 GMT (UK) »
HELLO THERE
I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF RESEARCHING MY FAMILY TREE AND THINK I AM RELATED TO YOU
I HAVE  A THOMAS DOLPHIN WHO MARRIED HANNAH IN WALSALL IF THEY ARE RELATED TO YOU PLEASE REPLY TO ME

CASSY

Offline TonyDolphin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 22 February 10 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Did you get my mail Cassy?