Author Topic: FURY'S  (Read 6112 times)

Offline jaytoot

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FURY'S
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 02 May 09 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Shushie,

no free bmd just gives register entries, so you would have to send off for the marriage certificate. Then this hopefuly will tell you the parents names.

regards

jim
james - kent and surrey
Ayres - kent surrey
Smiths - kent surrey
Sparrowhawks - kent Surrey

Offline PEDWARDS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 09 March 12 10:09 GMT (UK) »
I know this family as they are related to ours through Hugh Fury. Hugh' mother was Mary. How far have you got with researching? they travelled the Herefordshire and Worcestershire area.
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline SHUSHIE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 16 March 12 11:49 GMT (UK) »
Not very far there is a few doing it, Only that Hugh who married Gorman his dad was Brian.any info would be good. :)
Buckley Loveridge Upton Lee Harris Miller Wilson Foster Burnside Fury

Offline Rosegold89

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 19 November 16 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I'm trying to research this family too, did you get any further with it? I read that Hugh who married Ann Gorman was the brother of bare knuckle boxer Martin Fury who lived in Wales but I can't find Martin on the census with them. Does anyone know if this is correct or not? I've also read that Martin had a brother named Tommy who also boxed. Were all of the Fury travellers who came to Wales one family? Most of them seem to have come from Galway but then Bryan is recorded as being from Mayo on some of the census here.

Offline SHUSHIE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 19 November 16 16:40 GMT (UK) »
[quote author=Rosegold89 link=topic.
[/quot Hi Hugh and Ann were my great granparents Hughs dad was called Brian he came from Westport Ireland there is loads of stories how they came to be in UK one was they owned a farm and during the potatoe  famin they had to leave Ireland and was heading for USA the ship they were on was turned away through illness and the ended up in Wales, Hugh was born in Hereford so all the children were I have a list somewhere of all the siblings I did not get to find out about Hughs dad as the documents would be in Ireland and I could not get access, the ones who were born here became Travellers although some branched out in later years and went back to there roots.. Boxing is a big thing in the family as Tyson Fury is a relative and one of the same Furys...Hugh and Ann owned a house in Hereford I have a photo of them stood outside it with some of there children he owned horses and was a dealer in them at some point commuted back and forth to USA because relatives were there that actually got there during the Famin, can I ask who you are? it would be nice to swap stories and info......

Offline SHUSHIE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 19 November 16 16:43 GMT (UK) »
[quote author=Rosegold89 link=topic.
[/quot Hi Hugh and Ann were my great granparents Hughs dad was called Brian he came from Westport Ireland there is loads of stories how they came to be in UK one was they owned a farm and during the potatoe  famin they had to leave Ireland and was heading for USA the ship they were on was turned away through illness and the ended up in Wales, Hugh was born in Hereford so all the children were I have a list somewhere of all the siblings I did not get to find out about Hughs dad as the documents would be in Ireland and I could not get access, the ones who were born here became Travellers although some branched out in later years and went back to there roots.. Boxing is a big thing in the family as Tyson Fury is a relative and one of the same Furys...Hugh and Ann owned a house in Hereford I have a photo of them stood outside it with some of there children he owned horses and was a dealer in them at some point commuted back and forth to USA because relatives were there that actually got there during the Famin, can I ask who you are? it would be nice to swap stories and info......

Offline SHUSHIE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 19 November 16 16:47 GMT (UK) »
[quote author=PEDWARDS sorry Pedwards only just seen this post, I have been trying to find out about Hughs Dad Brian from Ireland but can not get access from uk so not got very far only census info here when you can get it,,,

Offline Rosegold89

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 19 November 16 17:00 GMT (UK) »
I've heard this same story about not them being able to get to America and coming to Wales instead. I have some Fury ancestors in my tree who came from Ireland to Wales but I'm trying to work out how or if they're all connected. I will message you now.

Offline SHUSHIE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 19 November 16 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Quote from: Rosegold89 Yes please message me I thing you have to quote 3 times before u can private maeesage?
[/quote