Author Topic: Dawson  (Read 34848 times)

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dawson
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 17:20 BST (UK) »
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 18:07 BST (UK) »
Know it well Geoff, Trouble is when I lived in that area 1940-1965 they didn't have street names in that type of area! Never knew it had a name till today.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 20:03 BST (UK) »
Sorry to butt in on this conversation but my Dawson's came from Heighington or Washingborough lincs any one have any connection over there please?Also Rothwell and Caistor Lincs
Sue
Researching Dixon Dawson Wood Wilkinson Wackett from Lincolnshire (Caistor area) Ringrose Higgs Riddington Lord Burley from Leicester (Countesthorpe) Holmes Abbott Ringrose Motson from Beverley and Hull Leics. Fawcett Fenwick Hare Mareham Le Fen Revesby Horncastle Lincolnshire.

Offline Janeada

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 30 July 09 11:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruthy1,

I haven't been on Rootschat for sometime so it was quite by accident that I saw your post about William Thompson Dawson.  I came across him because he was the father of Charles Dawson husband of Theodosia North.  My interest was in the North family but I put together a short family tree of about four generations of Dawson's from John Dawson father of William Thompson. You are welcome to a copy of this if your Mac can handle a Microsoft Word document. I think I could send it via a PM

Best wishes,

Janeada
Counties/Names: Wigtownshire, SCT./HANNAH Cumberland/CLARKE, Westmorland/FISHER, North Lancashire/CLARKE & CHARNOCK Lincolnshire/ STORER, DICKINSON, EDLIN, FAIRCHILD & GREEN, Nottinghamshire/ COOK, COLLINGWORTH,  Gloucestershire/DOWSWELL, Isle of Man/CLARKE

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 30 July 09 17:46 BST (UK) »
Would appreciate a copy too Janeada if at all possible thanks,
Roger
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline ruthy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 03 August 09 16:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Janeada,

Thank you for  the offer of the tree for This bit of the Dawsons.  I would be very interested to have a copy.  I will send you a PM with an email address.  I think I my Mac should be able to read it.

Many thanks

Ruthy

Offline freeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 03:41 BST (UK) »
Gday,

Im new to the site. I am researching a gggggrandmother who was born in Leverton Lincolnshire around 1797. I only know her by her married name of Frances Blundell (she married a Henry Blundell in London some time before 1828 before being transported to Australia as a convict). I strongly suspect her maiden name was Dawson based on a marriage record to Henry Blundell in London 12 Oct 1816, St Anne Soho. Frances moved to London sometime in the early part of the C19th. All her subsequent records in Australia name Leverton as her birthplace. I am searching for a christening record for a Frances Dawson in Leverton somewhere around 1797 (or someone to confirm the marriage details for 1816?). Does this fit with any of your known Dawson connections??

Regards

Nick

Offline ruthy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 17:09 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I don't have any Frances Dawson in my tree.  My line came from Great Hale (one lived in Leverton for a while).  It was a very popular name in Lincolnshire with some very large families - maybe they all connect far back.  You may get some replies from others in this thread - Redroger has a lot of information.  Sorry I can't be more helpful. Good luck - hopefully someone will have a few clues.

Ruthy

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 17:12 BST (UK) »
My earliest Dawson is Thomas born 1789, I don't know where, but as most of the family lived in and originated from Great Steeping which is not far at all from Leverton , I think it possible that Thomas was Frances' older brother. Will do some more searching, and see what I find.