Author Topic: Davy and Kearns Families.  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Kiwilong

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Davy and Kearns Families.
« on: Monday 04 May 09 03:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Fellow Members.
I am researching my Wife's family history and are having difficulty obtaining birth certificates for both her parents.
Her father was Augustine John Davy born 1897(parents John and Annie) we believe, and her Mother was Hannah Mary Kearns born 1899 (parents James and Mary). Both born in Dublin apparently.
Is anybody familier with these families, still perhaps living in Dublin,who can provide us with some of that essential family background?
Cheers and thanks in anticipation.
Geoff.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Davy and Kearns Families.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 May 09 10:43 BST (UK) »
from the Familysearch Irish Civil index  :

(http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#c=1408347;p=2;t=searchable)

Name: Augustine Davey
Reg district: Dublin North
Record type: Birth
Date : Jul - Sep 1897
Volume: 2 / page: 533

looks like a good match, you can order a cert from the GRO (www.groireland.ie) using these details

The Dublin North district covers north City.

also a possible for Mary :

Name: Hannah Mary Kearns
Reg district: Dublin South
Record type: Birth
Date : Oct - Dec 1901
Volume: 2 / page: 519

there are also two possible matches for Hannah in Wexford in 1899 and 1900,  

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Kiwilong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 May 09 23:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Shane.
Thanks for your interest and info regarding Augustine and Hannah Mary.
We have actually purchased the certificates you mentioned and in the case of Augustine, there is a strong likelyhood that it is correct although there are one or two anomilies but I have a feeling that the birth was registered by a relative stranger due to the place of birth!!!.With Hannah Mary however,it does not match the details given for the family in the 1911 census where she was 12, ie born 1899,and Father's name and occupation is wrong. Also, I think this girl died aged 0. The same with the Wexford Girl who I think died age 1 and in any case Fathers occupation and Mother's Christian name is wrong. This is why we are so frustrated with a relatively modern ancester who doesn't seem to appear in the records.
Therefore, the hope that we may get some feedback from Irish family members still living.
We live in New Zealand and all contact with the Irish family has been lost.
Thank again and regards.
Geoff.

Offline Manchestertwang

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 February 24 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Augustine Davy was my maternal Grandfather's older brother.  John Davy was my Great Grandfather. The young Arthur Davy (a twin) married Mary Lynch and their 5th child was my mother, Annie Davy.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 February 24 18:27 GMT (UK) »

Just putting this information on, which you may have.

Augustine Davy was my maternal Grandfather's older brother.  John Davy was my Great Grandfather. The young Arthur Davy (a twin)....your grandfather

1901 census
House 63.3 in Lr. Clanbrassil St. (W. side) (Merchants Quay, Dublin).
https://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Dublin/Merchants_Quay/Lr__Clanbrassil_St___W__side_/1345158/

Parent's marriage - 22 November 1897
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1897/10472/5813613.pdf

Birth Augustine Davey - 16 August 1897 (at Grange Gorman Prison). The informant M.J. Byrne.
https://www.rootschat.com/links/01szp/

Arthur Paul DAVY (+ twin John Peter) - 26 June 1899   MMN Butler
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1899/02030/1778428.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline kiwigeoff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 11 February 24 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kiltaglassan.
Thanks very much for posting info regarding my wife’s family. I have checked and she did in fact have this information but I very much appreciate your effort on her behalf. Unfortunately I lost my dear wife in 2022 but her genealogy endeavours will be valued by our descendants I’m sure.
Regards.
Geoff (kiwigeoff)