Author Topic: Ancestors of Levi Cobb b.1819  (Read 1860 times)

Offline JackoCF8CFC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ancestors of Levi Cobb b.1819
« on: Monday 04 May 09 14:31 BST (UK) »
I have traced my ancestors back to my G.G Grandfather Levi but have now got stuck.
Levi was born 1819 in Newark Notts in Cross Guns Yard and married Hannah Hall born 1824 in Hyson Green Nottingham
Can anyone help?

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestors of Levi Cobb b.1819
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 May 09 15:21 BST (UK) »
Do you have the marriage cert - which would give father's name??? (unless of course levi was illegit

Possily his mother's name was mary - as he and Hannah are liing with mary in 1841

(don't forget 1841 census does not give relationships and adult ages (over age 15) are supposed to be rounded down to nearest 5 years

newark Notts
Mary Cobb 56
Levy (male ) 20 (transcribed as Lucy!!)
William 1
all b in county of Notts
HO107 868 4 32 14

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 May 09 15:25 BST (UK) »
There is a christening IGI - extracted

Levi Cobb
c. 1 Aug 1820 newark on trent notts

parents William Cobb/ Mary

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 May 09 15:30 BST (UK) »
I have just read your previous posts and you already have the information I have just looked up - so you are not stuck at levi - as you have the information that his parents were William and mary - and some siblings too - so could you please be more specific with what you are looking for (to save time doing duplicate look ups)

by the way - how do you know levi was b at cross Guns yard newark???
That is the address where he lived when he was married - but can't find any information stating he was born there - nothing more specific than Newark

Hope i'm not sounding bossy - I'm just trying to point you in the right direction and make it easier for look ups

Suz

Offline JackoCF8CFC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 04 May 09 16:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Suz,
No you're not sounding bossy, I'm glad of the help. I've been away for about a year, so i'm just picking things up again.
Sorry
John