Author Topic: John JONES b ~21MAY1855 Aberdare GLA  (Read 978 times)

Offline eggdish

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John JONES b ~21MAY1855 Aberdare GLA
« on: Wednesday 06 May 09 10:17 BST (UK) »
Moderator comment: duplicate thread - if your research connects please reply on eggdish's Glamorgan post - thanks

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,379784.msg2526662.html#msg2526662

Hi

I am hoping to connect with other researchers or perhaps even distant rellies. Research on this ancestor progresses very slowly, as you could imagine.

John was a coal miner (no surprises there) and his working life seemed to be based around Ebbw Vale and Tredegar before he came to Oz to start a new life as ... a coal miner. Well, it was in his blood, wasn’t it? (I wonder if I should consider mining carbon credits?)

Some of his children (at least) were associated with music (I am reaching the conclusion that this may not distinguish any Welsh person as all seem to be thus gifted) and I am trying to unravel the mysteries or even the basis of the family here in Oz. Thought I’d have a go at tackling the family in the mother country too. Perseverance and fortitude are the watchwords.

Here are some details:

John JONES
b 21MAY1855 in Aberdare GLA Wales
m 23JAN1877 Registry office, Bedwellty district, MON Wales
d 14APR1913 in Blackstone, Ipswich Queensland Australia
parents Edward JONES (b Denbigh, Wales ) & Sarah JENKINS

spouse
Elizabeth LEYSHON
b JUN-SEP1858
d 07JUL1940 in Silkstone, Ipswich Queensland Australia

Elizabeth & children migrated to Australia in 1886-87. John also migrated, but I can find no (easy) data on this.

(Not sure if this is a plea for help, but my spirits remain positive)
WADESON (LAN & WES)
JONES (GLA & MON)
CHARD (SOM & MON)