Author Topic: Dean Lodge  (Read 14711 times)

Offline deanlodge

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dean Lodge
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 08 August 12 14:33 BST (UK) »
I have just done an inquisitive search on my property, Dean Lodge, Upper Dean and was amazed to find this link and read about the people that once lived at our home.  The photographs are incredible and I hope nobody would mind if I downloaded them?  Fingers crossed your searches have been successful.  As a family with a keen interest in both family history & the history of our property you are most welcome to contact us should you require any further information regarding Dean Lodge.  We would be delighted to help. Best wishes Lynda

Offline paulrun26

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 26 August 12 21:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynda, I've driven, cycled and run past Dean Lodge on numerous occasions and every time wondered what it looks like now - I have often contemplated following the public footpath up to catch a glimpse. Is the photo you posted the same elevation as mine?

Please feel free to download them. If you would like better quality ones then send you email address to (*) where I'll be able to pick it up and forward to you.

I also have census extracts of my great grandparents that identify Dean Lodge as their home, as well as an original copy of a  marriage certificate which also has Dean Lodge as a residence; again, I am happy to share these.

Unfortunately I don't have any other pictures, do you? or any other historical information from around that time, do you?

With kind regards

Paul

Julie - You spoke to my Mum some months ago and left your email address with her, I lost it before I could contact you (I apologize). If you would like to contact me on the above email we could discuss our mutual Clarke ancestors further.

Paul

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline g.crighton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 07 October 12 14:46 BST (UK) »
Lots of correspondence about Dean Lodge! Does anyone remember Frances Evelyn Smith who lived in Upper and Lower Dean during WWII and until about 1988 when she is thought to have moved to Higham Ferrers or Rushden. She had a husband Thomas David Smith. They had a son and daughter, probably both still alive. The husband or son is thought to have been landlord at the Five Bells, Swineshead for a few years.

Geoff Crighton

Offline Heather Scrim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 12 October 15 23:09 BST (UK) »
Julie

My Clarkes are in Chelveston in 1891, Dean Lodge in 1901 and 1911.

I think I have 11 children in total. Father is Frederick b. 1860 Bushmead Beds.

I have Rose born abt 1884,  Ethel Mary b.1889, unknown 1886, George Edward 1893, Jacob 1895, Daisy, 1897, Herbert 1900, Horace 1902, Arthur Maxwell 1904.

I have the actual copy of Ethel Marys marriage to Bertie Frederick Clarke (her 1st cousin) Their residence at time of marriage (14/12/1912) was Dean Lodge.

If you want to send you email address to me at paulrun26 at gmail .  com I'll happily send census extracts that I have as well as the marriage certificate for Ethel Mary.

BTW My mother's maiden name is Diane Clarke.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Paul

Hi Paul, very interested to find this site as I am new to ancestry but we seem to have the same ancestors my grandfather was Jacob Clarke so Mary Anneand Fredrick would have been my great grand parents. Heather

Offline Heather Scrim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 13 October 15 12:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul and Julie really interested to see your info on Dean Lodge as I have recently started to look into the Clarke side of my family. My grandfather was Jacob Clarke. He died in 1971 and had lived in Swinsehead. He had been married to a Bridget Mary Dempsey from Bray in Ireland, they had 6 children, my mother Pamela Rose was the youngest of them. Sadly there is only one of their children living today. Heather

Offline julie74

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 13 October 15 15:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Heather  Your Grandfather was my mum,s Uncle Jo. He is buried in Riseley church yard.
Are you local to this area.

Julie

Offline Heather Scrim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 13 October 15 16:13 BST (UK) »
Julie
I live in Scotland now, but I find this all really interesting. Frederick and Mary Ann would have been my great grand parents. As a child I remember a uncle Horace coming to my grans in Swineshead. My grandad was cremated in Bedford, but the eldest son of the family was a Joseph. Jacob was born much later in 1895. I always remember my mum talking about an Aunt Sarah who I assume must have been the wife of one of the sons as none of the daughters were Sarah, I think she lived in Risely
Heather

Offline julie74

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 19:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Heather

Was you mum pam Clarke, if so she is my mum.s first cousin. It is really interesting but it can get a bit confusing at times as they are a big family.
Aunt Sarah was like uncle joe's housekeeper. He died in Rotton row in Riseley at his sisters house. Daisy Walker nee Clarke.
If you are on facebook send a friend request then I will send you a message with my email address.
Julie Desborough

Offline Heather Scrim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 15 October 15 09:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie
yes my mum was Pam Clarke, that make us second cousins then. My mum died in 1995.
I will send facebook request it will come in my married name Heather Stewart.
Heather