Author Topic: Winnipeg death-Georgina McGill Lessard  (Read 2067 times)

Offline Jimbo of Canada

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Winnipeg death-Georgina McGill Lessard
« on: Friday 08 May 09 01:25 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know where I could find an Obituary Notice for Georgina McGill Lessard from the Winnipeg area. She would have died between 1953 and 1985.
GEORGINA MCGILL was born July 28, 1898 in Carleton Place,Ontario, daughter of WILLIAM MCGILL and MARY WEIR. She moved to Perth and married NORMAN LESSARD . In 1953 they both appear in Winnipeg visited by a Mr. & Mrs. George Moore of Perth. I am trying to locate their whereabouts after 1953 , where they might have died, did they have any children and where they were buried.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Renfrewshire - McGill, McFie,Milne,Dow,Beattie
Dms - Proudfoot,Marchbank,Bell,Beattie,Millar,
Dickson,Cumming,Halliday,Colvin,Geddes,Tod
Banffshire - Geddes,Spalding,Flett,Duthie,Milne,Wallace
Ontario - McGill,Weir,Herrick,Lessard,

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
  • John - James William & Peter Elmer Sabiston
    • View Profile
Re: Winnipeg death-Georgina McGill Lessard
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 21:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Jimbo

I have found there marrige certificate on ancestry.ca but that is it. There may be something else somewhere else..... I will keep looking.

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Spanish Eyes
Sabiston - Flett - Flette - Tourangeau - McDonald - Folster - Creelman - Linklater - Sorell - Cox - Kirkness - Harper - Bruce - Inkster - Patten - Fidler - Whyte...<br /><br />Orkey Islands, Scotland - British Columbia, Canada - Alberta, Canada - Saskatchewan, Canada - Manitoba, Canada - Ontario, Canada.

I Live In Aldergrove, BC, Canada (Outskirts Of Vancouver).

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 22:19 BST (UK) »
To avoid duplication here is a link to another thread regarding Georgina McGill Lessard by Jimbo:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,380726.msg2534289.html#msg2534289
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 22:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jacquie

I wont waste any more time on this then.........

Spanish Eyes
Sabiston - Flett - Flette - Tourangeau - McDonald - Folster - Creelman - Linklater - Sorell - Cox - Kirkness - Harper - Bruce - Inkster - Patten - Fidler - Whyte...<br /><br />Orkey Islands, Scotland - British Columbia, Canada - Alberta, Canada - Saskatchewan, Canada - Manitoba, Canada - Ontario, Canada.

Offline Jimbo of Canada

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 June 09 00:46 BST (UK) »
Thank you Spanish Eyes for this info.
   I have put this request in dozens of sites and newspapers down east hoping someone somewhere might be able to help me with this part of my family. You are the only one to come across this additional info that I did not have and I appreciate your help.
   I would very much appreciate a copy of their marriage certificate.

Jim

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 June 09 04:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Jimbo

Jacquie pointed out that you have 2 threads, one dated Friday May 8, 2009 and another Sunday May 10, 2009 regarding Georgina McGill Lessard.

In the future please only post once on a subject or the researchers waste time duplicating information.

Spanish Eyes

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 23 June 09 20:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Jimbo

I sent the information to the email address you supplied but I have no idea if you received it as I haven't heard from you......

Spanish Eyes

Offline Jimbo of Canada

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 27 June 09 01:57 BST (UK) »
Spanish Eyes,
   Thank you very much for the information. It is great to know that someone out there knows where to find this missing information.  Now all I need is info on her death and where she is buried.  I did find her daughter is buried in Perth Ontario.  I am writing to the Perth Council to see if they have any record of her being buried there as well.

Jim

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 27 June 09 03:14 BST (UK) »
Check to see if this is what you are looking for.  From this site
http://www.islandnet.com/ocfa/
you can search many Ontario gravesites. 

In Elmwood, Perth (Burial Records), Drummond Township, Lanark County is the following
Lessard, Georgina A. (McGill) (w/o Norman S.)
Lessard, Norman S. (h/o Georgina A. McGill)
Reference KG-273-1

The reference number gives you the organization to contact to find out details of the inscription on the headstone.

From 2006 posts on Rootsweb you found out that her birth was registered under Annie Mildred which would account for the initial A. on this headstone.  I have a relative, Elizabeth Eva, who consistently used her second name on all marriage, birth and death registrations you can track and yet her headstone is Annie Eva.  It's always best to make sure you give all possible names as you don't know if they started using a different variation of their name later in life.

Debbie