Author Topic: Luton - William YOUNG m:Cornelia HOOKER 1803  (Read 7900 times)

Offline sdbadger

• RootsChat Senior
  • Over there ... I will find them over there....
    • View Profile
Re: Luton - William YOUNG m:Cornelia HOOKER 1803
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 May 09 03:53 BST (UK) »
Bboy ... krys lost all info in a computer crash.  You might be a tad more considerate.

You spent a lot of time criticizing her request so, IMHO, you wasted your own time.  I think she made her point ... new eyes and all.

Please don't waste your time replying to this.

Thanks!
LUFF:  Illinois; Middx; Surrey; Berks
HEARNE:  Kent; Norfolk
HATHAWAY:  USA; Gloucestershire
OVENDEN:  Kent
WELLER:  Kent
SIMKINS:  Berks
WILLIAMS:  Bucks
CHARLEWOOD/CHARLWOOD:  Berks
HOPKINS: Gloucestershire
GILBERT: USA; Somersetshire
COCKS: Berks (?)

© yada ... yada ... yada

Offline krystalRose59

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 May 09 04:13 BST (UK) »
David, thank you for your time and patience with me. Yes I neglected to state my comp got fried during ice storms in Dec.
I apologize for any curtness in my messages. You do a great favor for others and I can see where it would appear I misrepresent myself. I wont be posting about Cornelia again. I do appreciate your efforts
YOUNG, HOOKER, DAY,

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 11 May 09 05:14 BST (UK) »
sdbadger - it did occur to me that a computer crash was a possibility, which is why I spent time (it's actually my decision as to what constitutes a WASTE of my time: I didn't think this was) doing that summary, searching the various message boards (where the information was freely available to all). In any event, I don't think Cindy could have lost absolutely everything about this family, as she was posting information on the Day board in Feb this year, after her computer crash.

I will continue to help her where possible, as I have done over a number of years across many boards, spending much time in particular with her Cross Keys and Tingries property research.

And I'm still working on the Young side of her family, which is fresh research and not a repeat request

Cindy - have you lost all the census information as well? If so I'll happily pull that out for you as I know the boards on which it was given

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 13 May 09 08:31 BST (UK) »
I'm finding it virtually impossible to separate the two William Youngs baptised in Luton in 1777.

There's only one marriage of a William Young in Luton in the right period - to Cornelia Hooker. There's no burial of a William Young in Luton 1777-1823, followed by your William in 1824. There's no William Young in censuses born 1777 Luton. So one or other of the Williams drops off the radar screen

If traditional naming patterns were followed then William and Mary seem to be favourites, as William and Cornelia's first son was named William, and their first daughter Mary (after Cornelia's mother, Mary née Day), the next son Richard after Cornelia's father. They couldn't name their next daughter Mary after William's mother as they already had a Mary - but in fact she died a few months before their second daughter was born so they could have done.

I still think though that William son of William Young and Mary Richardson may have been illegitimate, as there's no such marriage in Beds at the right time, nor any other children as John pointed out. And naming the mother's maiden name is inconsistent with the practice in the parish register at that time. Not that possible illegitimacy has any bearing at all on whether or not he was the William who married Cornelia. But I've also checked against William Robinson as if he were illegitimate he might have been known by his mother's name (which was the norm) but again I can find nothing.

The best place to start looking is the parish register and the 1803 marriage. What other detail is included in the marriage entry? Is a parish of residence other than Luton given for William? Who were the witnesses? Unfortunately the transcripts from which we usually work don't include witnesses, so you have to refer to the microfilm, which you can do at your local LDS Family History Centre. Alternatively BLARS would look it up for you, for which a nominal charge would be made.

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline krystalRose59

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 15 May 09 05:36 BST (UK) »
Thank-you David . I have run into the sort of same issue in the states. Two families of William Young with alike childrens names. I dont want to research the wrong family. Your a doll for going further than asked on this matter. hugzz  Cindy
YOUNG, HOOKER, DAY,

Offline HelenTaylor1960

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 21 January 12 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi - hope you are the person I've  been searching for.  I live in Luton and have been doing a lot of research on the Hooker/Day/Young side of the fmaily tree.  Please e-mail a reply as we may be able to help each other.  If you are the person I hope you are you will know about the Cross Keys Public House in George Street Luton Bedfordshire.  Many thanks
Helen

Offline Essjaywhy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 10 December 15 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi all. I see this thread is very old now but I came across it on my internet sleuthing and found it very helpful. I am related to Cornelia (my 4th GG) and have just found out about the pub in Luton. David's summary was excellent and filled in some gaps. Would be interested to hear more from those that are researching this tree, particularly on William Young (1777-1824) but don't want to incur any newbie wrath, so just flagging that would welcome any contact with those interested!

Sarah Young, Luton, Beds

Online sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 15 December 15 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah Young, Welcome to RootsChat :)

I am very sorry but the person who first started off this topic we have sadly lost contact with which is why you have not had any replies... :'( When we loose contact with a member we do leave a little note underneath their profile name to let people know.

It is still worth replying to old threads because we do check to make sure that they are working, and sometimes old members do get intouch to update their details.Hopefully this will be case with Krystalrose.

P.S. You may wish to start off a new topic on your family.

Kind Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 16 December 15 10:56 GMT (UK) »

Thanks to [Ray] we have just found an alternative email address for krystalrose59 that looks like it is working :D :D

Fingers crossed we hear back soon.

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk