Author Topic: Help please - emigration to America/Canada c. 1853  (Read 5090 times)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Re: Help please - emigration to America/Canada c. 1853
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 January 10 15:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Caistor_1,

So pleased to meet another descendant of George Bishop! Although it's possible we've 'met' before on other sites?  ???

I'm descended through George's youngest daughter Charlotte. I was never quite sure from the censuses etc whether your ancestor was Bessy or Betsy - now I know! Infact, if the information I got from my auntie is correct, I think it was Bessy and her husband who took Charlotte's youngest - son Jack (John) - to live with them after Charlotte died shortly after giving birth to him. I was told that his older sisters - Lucy, Lily & Laura Patchett - lost contact with him as a consequence.

I agree with you that the other George Bishop baptised in Hedon 1815 is the one who turns up later in Kings Lynn. It stumped me for a while, but there is a Removal/Settlement Order to that effect in the East Yorks Archives. I believe that George is the son of Rebecca's half brother John Bishop.

I would be really interested to compare notes. I have information about George Bishop's father if you haven't got it - but - like everyone else I've come across so far who is researching this line - I'm totally stuck with the baptism of Rebecca's father John. So, if you have any info on that side, I'd be overjoyed!!!  ;D

I don't think I can send you a Personal Message until you've made 3 posts (something to do with security) so if you could oblige, I'll be able to send you my personal email address and we can take it from there.

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline caistor_1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 January 10 16:51 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Jill - I'll get two more messages on here, then hopefully you can send me a personal message. I've just been looking through the rules and formats on here, but it needs further study. The 1901 census shows a John Patchett aged 9 living with Michael and Bessy - so that's who he is - I'd never tried to find out.
John.

Offline caistor_1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 10 January 10 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Jill, there is somebody else I guess who posted the George Bishop information on Ancestry, who I sent a message to (no reply yet), plus another couple of Public Family Trees following the same line..
Hope this works, now.
John