Author Topic: BUCKNALL ~ LINCS/HULL  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
BUCKNALL ~ LINCS/HULL
« on: Tuesday 12 May 09 09:22 BST (UK) »
I would be interested to hear from anyone with Bucknalls from either Barton On Humber and surrounding areas of Lincolnshire pre 1860...and Hull from 1860 onwards..related names are Capes, Sparkes and Ingo.
Thanks.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Elainemcwhirter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BUCKNALL ~ LINCS/HULL
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 May 22 11:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol, my grandmother was Mary Bucknall born Hull 1911 and she had two half sisters, Lily Sparks and Florence Sparks and plenty of other siblings too. My current mission is trying to locate the Irish side of her (our) family. I believe her grandmother was Irish, but which one I’m unsure of.

Also, Francis Ingo, I have her in my tree along with the other names you mention.

I’m thinking of looking around the churches of Lincs sometime soon.

I’m curious to know where you are in the family tree Carroll.  Hope you’re enjoying this sunny weather  when it peeps through the clouds. Elaine.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 May 22 10:49 BST (UK) »
Make another reply Elaine and you'll  be able to contact Carol(Treetotal) by private message.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Elainemcwhirter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 13 May 22 11:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol, my grandmother was Mary Bucknall born Hull 1911 and she had two half sisters, Lily Sparks and Florence Sparks and plenty of other siblings too. My current mission is trying to locate the Irish side of her (our) family. I believe her grandmother was Irish, but which one I’m unsure of.

Also, Francis Ingo, I have her in my tree along with the other names you mention.  Elaine

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 13 May 22 13:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks William for bringing this back up, I hadn't seen it.

Hi Elaine and welcome to Rootschat, I haven't looked at this line for quite a long time so I am a bit rusty.

My Great Grandmother was Charlotte Bucknall who was born in Worlaby, Yorkshire and married My Great Grandfather John Capes in Hull in 1881
Her parents were Thomas Ingo Bucknall born in Friskney, Lincoln and Sarah A. Robinson, born Horsley, Yorks. and  married in 1860 at St. Mary's Church in Hull.

I'm not aware of any Irish connection.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline sugarbakers

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 12 Church St, MENT - the family sugarhouse, 1805
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 13 May 22 14:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol
I think we might have talked about this before ...

Elizabeth Bucknall [born 1767 Willoughby, Lincs, parents William Bucknall & Sarah Balderston married Willoughby 1767] married Peter Mawer [born Sleaford 1764] in Louth 1785.
Peter & Elizabeth were my 4xgt grandparents, and it was their grandson Charles Mawer of Market Rasen who moved up to Hull late 1840s.

Bryan
Almeroth, Germany (probably Hessen). Mawer, Softley, Johnson, Lancaster, Tatum, Bucknall (E.Yorks, Nfk, Lincs)

Sugar Refiners & Sugarbakers ... www.mawer.clara.net ...
50,000+ database entries, 270+ fatalities, 210+ fires, history, maps, directory, sales, blog, book, 500+ wills, etc.

WDYTYA magazine July 2017

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 13 May 22 14:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Bryan....I'm not familiar with those names but that's not to say there isn't a connection.
Carol

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 13 May 22 15:07 BST (UK) »
Here is my Great Grandmother, Charlotte in mourning dress after the death of Husband John in 1904.
Carol

Offline Elainemcwhirter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 14 May 22 11:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this Carol.

Thank you William too. Just trying to find my way around with rootschat.

Elaine