Author Topic: Tasmania birth 1866 LLOYD alphonse c  (Read 3043 times)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Tasmania birth 1866 LLOYD alphonse c
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 11:03 BST (UK) »

Hi Debrob,
  Welcome to rootschat  :)   Was the original spelling Dimmocks?  If so this could be relevant.

Leicester Chronicle Jan 10 1846

John Dimmocks  17 (neither read or write) and Francis Freer 19 (can read and write imperfectly), were charged with stealing on the 30th ult, in the parish of All Saints, 2 lbs of beef from the shop of Nicholas Higginson.  The prisoners were seen directly after the robbery ... by two lads who saw the prisoners hide the meat in the All Saints churchyard... The meat was produced and sworn to being cut in a rather peculiar manner.   Guilty 7 years transportation.  A second charge of stealing 4 handkerchiefs ... was not gone into although there was no doubt of the guilt of the prisoners.

cheers,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 11:16 BST (UK) »
This is a description of the death of the Alphonse LLoyd who died in Footscray in September 1902.  He was a driver of the steam roller  ???   (engine driver?)  Not sure if this helps ...
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article73264545

cheers,
   Ros
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline debrob

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 13:27 BST (UK) »
Hi ros, thank you for that. How are you related?? I knew somehow there had to be convict somewhere when they were there from such an early year. Yes dimmocks as far as i can tell. Fascinating.
Deb

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 13:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Deb,
  Not related (as far as I  know),  just trying to help. You mentioned a change of spelling and that John was a convict and  I saw that a John Dimmocks arrived in 1846 on the Palmyra http://www.convictrecords.com.au/convicts/dimmocks/john/5124

cheers,
    Ros

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 13:42 BST (UK) »
I might be confused but some of the stuff doesn't seem quite right. Harriet Jessie ( she hated Harriet) was born and bred in tassie and both her mother and father died in tassie. Some of the info says footscray. I wanted to confirm.

If you go back and read the posts you will see that it was Alphonse LLOYD's family who was discussed in relation to Footscray.

He obviously went to Tasmania at some stage, as Cando posted this marriage:

Marriage reg in Tasmania

LLOYD Alphonse  31 years
DEMMOCKS Annie Maria  19 years
20 Oct 1897
At Fingal  Reg#128/1897

Alphonse's father was also named Alphonse and they stayed in Victoria.  As far as I can see the DEMMOCKS/DIMMOCKS family was not discussed.

Debra  :)

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 14:01 BST (UK) »
Alphonse and Annie's marriage in 1897:

Page 1
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-35347-7512-76?cc=2125029&wc=M93C-9DX:n1570651949

Page 2
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-35347-7325-66?cc=2125029&wc=M93C-9DX:n1570651949

As they were married in the Fingal district, I am going to assume that Annie's place of birth was Avoca in Tasmania, not Avoca in Victoria.  Interesting that they state that there was nobody to give her permission to marry - so she had no family around in 1897?

Debra  :)

Offline SKL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 14:50 BST (UK) »
Thank u Rosball for your info follow up on my g/grandfather Alphonso Adolph LLOYDS death.I did not have that info about how he died or his occupation at the time.I do know that he is buried with his wife Adelaide and son Henry in the same grave at Footscray. For Debrobs Info, my grandfather Alphonse(Alf) LLOYD is buried at Avoca or Fingal(Tasmania) and my grandmother Annie Maria (Demmocks)LLOYD is buried at Fawkner cemetery in the same grave as their daughter Adeline.Their other daughter Bertha is buried nearby                                                        Regards  SKL                                                                   

Offline debrob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 16:23 BST (UK) »
So amazing but my nana Harriet Jessie is not buried in tas. Who are you ? I mean that in a lovely friendly way.

Annoying that everyone wants to be private. Oh we'll  we seem to all help each other on this site.

Offline debrob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 16:28 BST (UK) »
I also did not know my grandmother was buried at Faulkner I presumed she died in tassie, my nana her daughter said she died cos she was so tired (leukaemia ) who knows. But she was young and then my nana (Jessie) was looked after her aunt ??? Bertha for many years I Amy have this name wrong but she was a very religious woman.