Author Topic: About RootsChat  (Read 3764 times)

Offline leagen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Researching Family from Ireland during potato fam
    • View Profile
Re: About RootsChat
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 23 February 05 14:38 GMT (UK) »
I was in shock yesterday when Rootschat wasn't here.  I emailed webmaster asking what we could do to get it back but I see that wasn't necessary.  Thank goodness it is here for all of us to use.  I actually felt as if I had lost a group of wonderful friends and I felt lonely!  As they say, you don't miss something until you no longer have it.  Does anyone know WHY Rootschat was off yesterday and what the message about copywrites was all about.  Trys, please fill us in.  Congrats on your engagement and a long happy life to you both together.    Leagen

Note added by Trystan:
Leagen we can't actually go into it, I'm afraid, but all is well now. :) Thanks for your good wishes.
Jenkins-Salmon-Dwyer-Hill-Sargent/ Seargent-Young/ Jung-White-Kinney/ Kenny-Cook-Waterman-O'Neill-McDonald-Shufelt/ Shufeldt-Wilbur/ Wilber-Patterson--Covey-Tisdale-Wells-Dodge-Palmer.

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My 6 X Gt Uncle James Brindley
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 February 05 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for keeping this going, As i have recived so much help, and one day i hope to be able to help others.
Please keep up the good work, so many of us would be so lost with out you. :D :D :D
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk<br /><br />GENEALOGISTS DON`T DIE THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS !<br /><br />Markie, Northants, London, Scotland, New Zealand<br />Gibson,Gt Doddington, Denton Northants<br />Allen, Northampton<br />Ashley,Kettering Burton Latimer, Kings Cliffe, Australia <br />Stubbs. Northants, Staffs<br />Greenough, Northampton<br />Lewin, Brownsell, Bucks.<br />Whitehead, London, Scotland.<br />Thompson, Mears Ashby Northants/ Tiney, Woodford

Offline derryphilip

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 23 February 05 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Glad to see you back my day was not the same yesterday without you keep up the good work and this wonderful site.

Vanessa
Derry/ Dury/Deary Louth/ Spalding/ Norfolk also Yelland isle of wight

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 23 February 05 16:36 GMT (UK) »
 I am so so glad to see you back, rootschat is like a family member I was devastated yesterday, now I feel  :) :D ;D  so lots of :-* :-* :-* to Trystan & Sarah lifes back to normal

sandie
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline GRACELAND

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Elvis Presley* ARTIST OF THE CENTURY..*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 23 February 05 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Trystan and Sarah are engaged as we speak, but watch this space!

Hey you two - do I hear wedding bells ringing?   I do hope so!

Yesterday was awful and it was with some trepidation that I booted the machinery up this morning to see if there were any developments.   Elation quickly followed, together with immense relief that this wonderful site is up and running again!   Long may it continue.

Jill

Yes as Jill said there GLAD YOUR BACK IT WAS A QUITE DAY HERE !!
         Wedding bells  wheres the cake save a piece for me !!   ;D
God Knew Elvis was Tired so he called him to rest !................
"I like it well done, Cooked. I ain't orderin' a pet."
--Elvis Presley, On Meat
"Don't be like nobody else or you'll be livin' a lie, and that ain't livin'."
--Elvis Presley, On Individuality

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 23 February 05 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Congratulations Trystan and Sarah, glad to hear your good news.  Will all the Rootschatters be coming to the event?
Please put me on the list,
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline yorkierose

• RootsChat Member
  • "I come from a long line of dead people"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 23 February 05 16:55 GMT (UK) »
I was a bit of a newbie to this site and had been so impressed by the kind and prompt help I've had from other members that I was mortified to read the message yesterday, especially as I'd just told all my contacts about the site.  Thank goodness you're still here - long may you reign!!
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br /><br />Addy/Addey, Agar, Tate, Heald, Hobman, Battle, Cawood, Thompson, Wilkes, Lucas, Evans, Foskette/Foxcotte/Foscott (Mainly Yorkshire, Staffordshire & Buckinghamshire)

Offline Sandyq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 23 February 05 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Just to re-inforce what others have said, what a delight this morning to find the site up and running again - couldn't manage without it.
Thanks for all your hard work

Kind Regards
Sandra
Yapp - Ludlow Shropshire
Rawlings - Shropshire
Tudor - Aston Birmingham
Rabone - Aston Birmingham
Clayton - Aston Birmingham
Phillips - Birmingham, Redditch
Bower -Sheffield,Boston,
Barnett- Birmingham
Elson- Birmingham
Walton -Birmingham, Solihull
Green - Birmingham
Maling - Birmingham
Cain - Birmingham
Cheetham - Sheffield
Sharratt -Burton on Trent
New- Hampshire, Coalville

Offline jaq

• RootsChat Senior
  • willing to share resources
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 24 February 05 13:48 GMT (UK) »
so happy to see the site up and running again.
also congratulations on your engagement.

i know rootschat is free but - just a thought, would more donations help keep the site safe?

jaq

Appleby Appleton Bass Dewey Dilks ELEY Fox Foy Frankland Furnivall Hammond Hume lawrence Lewis Manning Moody Muschamp Peck Plumley Spalding Spencer Thurston Watson Willsher Wright Youngs
---
Balls Barker Burton Cambridge Cook Dow Freeman Goody Harrington Mitchell Mitson Penn*ck Playford Smith