Author Topic: Marriage Lookup Please - WICKENS  (Read 967 times)

Offline rwickins

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage Lookup Please - WICKENS
« on: Thursday 14 May 09 16:43 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

I have been trying to find the marriage of Thomas Wickens (b. ~1690, d. 1730) to an Ann(e) for quite some time now. Their children were baptized in Ashton near Roade, Northamptonshire but I am unable to find their marriage there. Men further down my line often jumped into Bedfordshire, so I thought it might be worth a shot to look for the marriage of Thomas Wickens and Ann(e) in Bedfordshire too.

Thomas Wickens would have married Ann(e) before 1717. Unfortunately, I have no idea what parish this may have occurred in. Also, Wickens is sometimes misspelled as Wickins, Wickings, Wicken and Wickin.

I know, this all sounds like a wild goose chase but, thank you in advance for any help you can provide.  :)

Rachel
Croft of Brightling, Sussex; Wickens, Wickins, Wickings of Ashton, Roade, and Hartwell, Northamptonshire

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Lookup Please - WICKENS
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 May 09 17:39 BST (UK) »
Virtually all Beds marriages pre 1812 have been extracted onto the IGI at www.familysearch.org. If you can't it there then it's unlikely to have been in Beds.

Have you checked Northants strays at http://www.northants1841.fsnet.co.uk/northants%20strays%20m%20to%20y.html

Have you searched the Northants marriage Index or just in Ashton?

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline rwickins

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Lookup Please - WICKENS
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 May 09 18:48 BST (UK) »
David,

Oops, I was unaware that most pre 1812 marriages for Bedfordshire were available on familysearch. I have previously checked, and have just double checked but am unable to find them there.

I have also checked Northamptonshire Strays and Thomas and Anne aren't there either. No one can find them in the Northamptonshire Marriage Index either.

Oh well, I won't give up.  :)

Thank you for you help!

Rachel
Croft of Brightling, Sussex; Wickens, Wickins, Wickings of Ashton, Roade, and Hartwell, Northamptonshire