Author Topic: Charles "Charlie" Talbot (1912 - 1987) Ballyfermot/Walkinstown  (Read 6022 times)

Offline doggyT

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles "Charlie" Talbot (1912 - 1987) Ballyfermot/Walkinstown
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 18:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Rory
I am Charlie Talbot's son

Offline RoryT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 19:04 BST (UK) »
Had Charlie got kids called XXXX XXXX and XXXX

Pamela,
Yes thats him, he was married to XXXX. Can you pm me with the details and we'll link up.

Rory

Moderator's Note: Edited to remove details of possible living person in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
Talbot (Kildare/Dublin), Peppard (Wicklow/Carlow/Dublin), Gilman(Carrick-on-Suir), Gaffney, Spooner, Kavanagh, Foley (Kerry/Cork), Sullivan (Cork), Torbet (Edinburgh), Hennessey (Carrick-on-Suir)

Offline doggyT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 19:07 BST (UK) »
XXXX is actually my niece and I am definitely his son, so I too would like to meet with you.

Moderator's Note: Edited to remove details of possible living person in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.

Offline doggyT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 19:18 BST (UK) »
hi Rory
XXXX had another two brothers, XXXX and XXXX, XXXX was married to XXXX and they lived in XXXX, he also had a sister called XXXX and her marriage name is XXXX from XXXX.

Offline RoryT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 19:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Doggy,
I am the son of XXXX, your 1st cousin, he is the son of XXXX from XXXX, XXXX's brother.  I found the grave in the Old Kilculen graveyard with Robert (1874 - 1952) and his wife Elizabeth (nee Barry) 1879 - 1931). I have a photo of your dad with my Gran Mollie in Cabra. I have lots of information going back to the 1600's of our family, but little info on where your dad and other siblings ended up. I am trying to piece together where they all went.  I wonder if you could confirm that your mother was XXXX? I am also wondering if you might have a photo of your Grandad Robert, no-one seems to have any as far as I can determine.

You need to have a few postings before you can send a personal message, however I'll try to send one to you and perhaps we can link up.

RoryT

Talbot (Kildare/Dublin), Peppard (Wicklow/Carlow/Dublin), Gilman(Carrick-on-Suir), Gaffney, Spooner, Kavanagh, Foley (Kerry/Cork), Sullivan (Cork), Torbet (Edinburgh), Hennessey (Carrick-on-Suir)

Offline RoryT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 19:31 BST (UK) »
Pamela/Doggy,
This is great, I never had XXXX but I did have the others XXXX, XXXX, XXXX, XXXX, also some others XXXX, XXXX, XXXX and Thomas.

I'll send a personal message to you both and link up.

Rory

Offline doggyT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 19:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Rory
This is were it gets a bit tricky,

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 23:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Rory
This is were it gets a bit tricky, but all i will say is i always called her MA, the rest will have to be on PM.

Nice to see that you've managed to sort out a few family details but I've had to edit several of these posts as it is against Rootschat pollicy to post details of living people so would greatly appreciate it if you would exchange 'recent' data by PM rather than online.
www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php#living
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline doggyT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 23:16 BST (UK) »
No problem
Sorry about that.