Author Topic: mary balsom  (Read 1416 times)

Offline ALEPOHORI

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
mary balsom
« on: Friday 15 May 09 05:42 BST (UK) »
mary balsom/balsam born 1799 Windsor, Cornwall, arrived in port jackson australia in 1839, trying to find her marriage to robert taylor, doctor/surgeon in england  and any children, and if possible her birth record, son albert born at sea, thank you

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
Re: mary balsom
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 May 09 12:45 BST (UK) »
Hello There......

The only Mary Balsam baptism , that I can find in Cornwall is.......

Mary Ann Balsam / baptised June 15th 1800 / St Mellion . Father James / mother Ann

St Mellion is about 10 miles approx from Windsor, but it may be that the family have travelled back to their birthplace for the ceremony. I will try to look into this for you.

Regards

JeannieR
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline ALEPOHORI

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 May 09 14:04 BST (UK) »
thank you, did a search on familysearch.org with your family information and found that james and ann balsam had another daughter mary born 1809, assuming first mary died as they also had a son james b1798 and then in 1802, other children richard, betsey, john all born Saint Mellion, Cornwall, England, unable to find their parents marriage or as mentioned in previous post marriage of mary to robert taylor.

thank you so much and looking forward to any other information.

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 May 09 17:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Again......

Yes , on a second search , I found the other Mary Ann, born 1809, so like you. now assume 1st child died.... There is another Mary Ann Balson, baptised 1805, father Samuel, mother Mary....

I also had alook at the 1841 census. All Balsam families are in that area , St Mellion and the few miles around there. No one by that name in Windsor area......

Try posting on the Cornwall forum. I am sure that there will be someone who can help you. I live in Yorkshire......

Good Luck

JeannieR
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk