Author Topic: Thompsons in Grimsby area  (Read 793 times)

Offline postylady

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thompsons in Grimsby area
« on: Friday 15 May 09 19:51 BST (UK) »
Hi

My Grandfather came from the Grimsby area, Arthur Thompson along with brothers, Turnbull, Albert, Walter and sister Ivy, their father was called Turnbull Thompson and mother Frances.  I've managed to trace Turnbull snr to 1881 when he was 2, i've traced his parents back to the 1881 census.  Are there any relatives of Ivy out there?

Regards

Smith, Brumhead, Broomhead, Bromehead, Thompson, Cooper, Goodison, Wankley, Wankling

Offline Woody32

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Thompsons in Grimsby area
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 May 09 20:01 BST (UK) »
LANCASHIRE = Wood,Howard,,Smethurst,Foxall,Cheetham,Brookes,Grime, Horrocks,Thornley,Arstall,Shawcross,Rowland,Mclean LINCOLNSHIRE = Featherstone Johnson,Toyne,Willson,

Offline thomik

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thompsons in Grimsby area
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 July 09 23:39 BST (UK) »
Hi

My Grandfather came from the Grimsby area, Arthur Thompson along with brothers, Turnbull, Albert, Walter and sister Ivy, their father was called Turnbull Thompson and mother Frances.  I've managed to trace Turnbull snr to 1881 when he was 2, i've traced his parents back to the 1881 census.  Are there any relatives of Ivy out there?

Regards

hi, posty,
Tried to attached photo of Turnbulls Brother Walter My Grandfather.
there are several of the Thompsons from Grimsby looking into the tree but as you have found they are not the easiest family to trace.
Hope this gets to you, would be good to see if we can be of help to each other in progressing the search.
best wishes

Thomik
Thompson, Charlton, Braddon, Crowl, Stennett,