Author Topic: Livingston, Co.Cavan  (Read 3265 times)

Offline Paxliv59

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Livingston, Co.Cavan
« on: Tuesday 22 July 08 20:14 BST (UK) »
Newcomer to this site.  Lots of great info to go through.
Via other Experts out there, I found Livingstons back to County Cavan Ireland ( John Anders Livingston b aprox 1799, d June 18, 1877)  Married Catherine Andrews from Mallorytown, Ontario Canada.  Looking to see how far back We go... and where.)

John and Catherine had atleast 2 Sons....  David Anders Livingston b. May 21, 1838 and William John Livingston b. Oct 15, 1841

Have a lot of info to present date, but  Looking to see how far back We go... and where.)

If anyone has any links to this line of Livingstons please feel free to post it...

Thanks and good luck to all on their searches.

Paxliv59

Offline lmgnz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Livingston, Co.Cavan
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 September 15 08:24 BST (UK) »
I do no know if my Livingston family from Sligo connect to John & Catherine of Cavan but I do have members of my family with Cavan links. I have wondered if my Livingstons were in Cavan before they moved to Rathbarron Sligo which I think may have been c1820. John Livingston of Killoran and his wife Mary nee Wallace, who married in 1843, had 3 sons with Cavan connections. John Livingston b c1813 was the son of Thomas Livingston of Rathbarron, Sligo. I have not found any record of Thomas & family in Sligo pre about 1825.

Thomas Livingston b c1846, oldest son of John, was in the RIC and an acting constable in Cavan when he married in 1875 to Isabella Charters of Lisduff. I think Isabella died shortly after the birth of their son Robert John Livingston in 1876. Thomas later married Marie Baumann and she is named as executor of his will when he died in Ballina Co Mayo in 1920.

Jeremiah Livingston b c1847 was also in the RIC and also lived in Cavan where he married Margaret Hislop in 1878. Their son John James Livingston was born in Cavan in 1879 and I understand lived to be in his 90s. This time is was his father Jeremiah who died (1880) shortly after John James was born. Margaret died in 1942.

The third son James Livingston b c1849 was not in the RIC and remained on the Livingston farm in Sligo but married Matilda Charters of Cavan in 1880. Their son John b1884 was also a policeman but he emigrated to New York c1906.

I would like to