Author Topic: Shepard Family of Usk  (Read 1030 times)

Offline LucyLockett

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Shepard Family of Usk
« on: Sunday 17 May 09 00:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Does anyone have any information on the Shepard family of Usk? The earliest I can find is John Shepard (c1785 - 1861) and his wife Hannah (I don't have her maiden name or when or where they married). John was a Solicitor and I am particularly interested in his daughter, Mary Elizabeth Shepard (1821 Usk) who married George Ponsonby Cavendish in Camberwell in 1848. I have no idea what Mary was doing in Camberwell as all their children apart from their eldest child were born in Usk. Mary's siblings were born in Usk and were solictors and surgeons so I know the Shepards were a good well to do family. I know that the eldest son, John Philip Reece Shepard(1813 Usk)  became a vicar and that his sister Caroline, married John Fleming who was also a vicar. I would just love some background on the family and if anyone can help I would be very grateful. I have a friend who is directly related to George and Mary Cavendish's son, George John Fleming Cavendish so any information would be appreciated.
Thanks
Vicky