Author Topic: Bausor/Bauser help please  (Read 5294 times)

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Bausor/Bauser help please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 17 May 09 16:48 BST (UK) »
Well now,  the FreeBMD entry for Elizabeth Hill's birth in Dec 1843 is registered in Weobly (italics again), so I guess it's Weobley, Herefordshire, but where is Joseph's birth?  I can't see it in Notts. The family certainly moved around.  Borwick, the birthplace shown for some of the children, is a village close to Arkholme.

Selena, can you fill in any of the gaps now?

Gillg

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 May 09 15:19 BST (UK) »
Joseph Bausor's birth registered Mar Q 1847 Newark Notts/Lincs Vol 15 page 572

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline deryckjohn

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 18 May 09 21:11 BST (UK) »
Gilllg,

On re-reading the thread after you last post I see that the birth of Joseph matches the BMD for Harry that you found. I assume that "father of Joseph Bausor born 4/9/1871." should  read "father of Harry Bausor born 4/9/1871."

Deryck

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 19 May 09 10:05 BST (UK) »
That certainly makes sense, Deryck. 

Selena, can you confirm this for us?  To get further back from Joseph 1847 you will need to get his birth certificate for his parents' names, or perhaps someone on the Notts page is able to access the Newark parish records and find his baptism and their names.  St Mary Magdelene Church is the parish church and seems to have been the only one at the time of Joseph's birth.  If you ask for a lookup, don't forget to put  a link to this topic, so that people aren't going over the same ground.

Gillg :)

Offline 25selena

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 19 May 09 18:28 BST (UK) »
Hi guys,
thanks for your help on this part of my tree.  Due to work commitments this week I am unable to spend any time on this.  I will be back to it next Weds and let you know what info I have.

Thanks again

selena
Perfitt (possibly Ipswich, Suffolk/Surrey)
Druce (Bucks)
Parker Bucks)
Gurney (Redbourn, Herts)
Cotton (Manchester)
Bauser/Bausor (Manchester/Salford)