Author Topic: Sharpe Bible  (Read 3850 times)

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Sharpe Bible
« on: Tuesday 19 May 09 02:34 BST (UK) »
I am researching my Wyatt family of Glossop Derbyshire.
Some Wyatt relatives who migrated to Canada early 1900s,have given me some family data written in the back of a Sharpe Bible printed by Sir J.H. Blair & J.Bruce of Edinborough.----1799.
There is a note which reads "left to Joseph Wyatt---Blackshaw (Glossop) by his uncle John Wood".

Joseph Wyatt 1789-1873 was my gggrandfather and his son also Joseph 1842-1911 my ggrandfather.Joseph Jnr came to Australia mid 1800s whilst other family went to Canada.

The uncle John Wood referred to 1733-1815, did not marry but at his death left his interest in Blackshaw (under lease from Bernard Howard) and other property to the Wyatts.

I am wondering if there is any particular significance in this Bible other than the valuable data it must contain?

It certainly confirms the Wyatt/Wood connection.

James Wyatt Snr married 19 Nov 1789 Ann/Hannah Wood who I believe to be daughter of a brother of John Wood 1733-1815.

I would appreciate advice.
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.