Author Topic: "Florentia"  (Read 1613 times)

Offline maxene

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
"Florentia"
« on: Thursday 21 May 09 12:02 BST (UK) »
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the passenger list for the "Florentia" which arrived on 20 July, 1835? I am looking specifically for Thomas Wright and family. Here's hoping! Maxene

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: "Florentia"
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 May 09 12:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Maxene,

WRIGHT Thomas 37 from England a bricklayer, Wife Mrs Mary WRIGHT and 1 son under 12 arrived in Pt Jackson 30 July 1835 as unassisted immigrants aboard the FLORENTIA

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline maxene

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 May 09 12:49 BST (UK) »
 :D Thanks Chris - did it only say 1 son? There should have been 3 sons and 1 daughter. Maxene

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 May 09 13:09 BST (UK) »
Sorry Maxene,

Naughty Kris - it says & four children under 12  years of age :-[ ( I though it said 1 son at first but on rechecking it was in the female columb anyway. I now realise what it actually  says - I did wonder why it said 1 son children under 12 years of age. I thought it was the wrong family as you were looking for a Thomas and Elizabeth - not Thomas and Mary  :-\

Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline maxene

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 21 May 09 22:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Kris - I have discovered a great source who pointed me in the correct direction; apparently his mother's name was Mary but his wife's name was Elizabeth. I have checked it through numerous sources and I am convinced that YOU have found the correct family. A thousand thank yous.
I think I am even getting a handle on the step/half brother bit! Thomas' brother William came to Australia with their mother (Mary Ritchie) and their step brother, John, on the "Northampton" in 1815 - so the step brother bit was one generation earlier than I had been led to believe. It is always difficult when the only sources are elderly and a bit hazy about facts!!!
Thanks again, Maxene  ;D