Author Topic: Snibston Grange, Packlington  (Read 4332 times)

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Snibston Grange, Packlington
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 23 February 11 14:53 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :)H

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 February 11 15:01 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :)Hi diddy
can remeber telling me about my mums family in the coalville choir .since then i have found out that they were nephews of lewis anderson whom married my aunt amy in markfield ,les moved to coalville just after his mother died florence bailey i found also that they are my relatives  ,les was only thirtenn when he moved to coalville i had the markfield book from our local libary and it tells yyou in that about him ,ron was a local counciler and postman i have senn wher he used to live and have now got a photo of him with his wife when he retired from work being given a painting
by a mr moulding
steve

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 23 February 11 15:16 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :)if theres any one researching markfield leicester there are two books one called the knitty gritty and the rough with the smooth both done by Di lockly Markfield .
and she is great at helping any one out also markfeild libary as the 1841 census -1851-1861 1871 and 1901 in a folder box on the shelf which i sorted on monday night as well as going on line
Danone

Offline CarolineG

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 23:45 BST (UK) »
hello there... I know it's a long time after you posted this, but my ancestor, Adela Mary Ann Wright lived at Snibston Grange (James Wright's wife) when Harry was a stable boy there.  Did you manage to find a picture of the house at all?  LSR online have a picture that I'm wondering might be the grange, but I can't be sure. thanks, Caroline

Moderator Comment: Copyright image removed.