Author Topic: Sarah Bridget Topping 1817 St Peters. Liverpool  (Read 2817 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Sarah Bridget Topping 1817 St Peters. Liverpool
« on: Friday 22 May 09 20:38 BST (UK) »
My 2 x great-grandmother Sarah Bridget Topping was christened 25 Dec 1817 St Peters. Liverpool.
Her parents listed on an IGI record as John Topping & Mary Ann.
Sarah married in Cumberland in March 1838 to William Moore.
Her father John Topping may have been a mariner which is why she could have ended up in Cumberland.
Have never found any trace of her parents or other siblings.
Can anyone help me break down the brick wall.

Thank You.
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Bridget Topping 1817 St Peters. Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 May 09 20:45 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I should have added that I found a marriage entry for the parents 23 Oct 1812 St Peters. Liverpool
John Topping & Mary Ann Billington.
Because of the length of time from marriage to the birth of Sarah, I wonder if there should be other children.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 May 09 00:53 BST (UK) »
Where did they live in Cumberland...was it Wigton by any chance ?....allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 May 09 19:48 BST (UK) »
Not sure where Sarah lived from christening to date of marriage in 1838 but they then lived in Hensingham, Cleator, Frizington, Ennerdale & Lamplugh.  Did find some Toppings in St Bees but nothing that matches.
Obviously the parents were in the Liverpool area from date of marriage 1812 until birth of Sarah in 1817 but cannot find any other trace so far.

Sandra

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 24 May 09 20:33 BST (UK) »
try
www.ancestral-villages.co.uk register for free and then type your village....you may just find your rellies surname has been posted.....if not....post your rellies surname and details...someone may contact you in the future...good luck...allan ;)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford