Author Topic: HUDSON family again  (Read 3283 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HUDSON family again
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 May 09 01:15 BST (UK) »
Interesting to note, though that in the WW1 records Jean Rhodes writes from The Parade, Ascot Vale in 1917 to the Records office about his will.  What a lot of to-ing and fro-ing his mother had to do to findout what happened to him.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline colmoore

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 June 09 02:26 BST (UK) »
  Am interested in Hazel Jean Hudson as her father was my grandmother brother Her mother Alice 's mothers two sisters were married to my grandmothers two brothers at Granya and am happy to talk to people of  interest in the family although also do not  know what became of Hazel . Alice's brother  Richard was killed at Gallipoli 1915. If interested can be contacted    (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 June 09 11:10 BST (UK) »
There are quite a few grisly accounts of the murder in the National Library digitised newspapers site.

I searched using keywords alice hudson murder and hudson murder.  You have the date so you can get to the decade easily.

Alice was buried at Springvale apparently.  There is a suggestion that she may have had more than one child, and the father of the baby is supposed to have written "Send my son home".  Unfortunately there are no clues as to what happened to Hazel.

http://ndpbeta.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/home

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 14 June 09 11:17 BST (UK) »
To save duplicate searching -

Previous thread. 
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,374598.0.html

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk