Author Topic: Le Prevost/Robins/Cohu/Mahy/Brehaut - Guernsey  (Read 28363 times)

Offline sasflipper

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Le Prevost/Robins/Cohu/Mahy/Brehaut - Guernsey
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 11 September 10 23:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Matt
I think Henry Charles Robins and Clara Louise Foss were my Great Grandparents.  I remember my Papa George talking about a Clara Louisa. Can you confirm whether they had a son George Stanley Eric Robins?  Both my grandparents and mother are deceased so I don't know much about the Robins side of my family. 
Have you any idea why the Robins family came to Guernsey?  I wonder if it was to do with the sugar factory...

Thanks
Sas

Offline Lisa1975

• RootsChat Member
  • My Great x 2 Grandparents Emily & Wilhelm Berning
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 September 10 09:53 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks to all of you for the replies, and apologies that i haven't responded sooner

Len,  i'm not sure if we've been in touch before but my Great Grandmother was Rachel Rose Vincent. That would make her your Great Aunt wouldn't it ?  If so, i think that would make you my second Cousin once removed :) 

If you could send me a pm with your email address, it would be lovely to hear from you.

Maggie, it would be fab to see your tree and how we are connected, please get in touch.

Thanks

Lisa

Hall/Dickins/Dickens/Griffin family - Stewkley, Bucks
West family - Grays/Hockley/Horndon, Essex
Berning family - Germany/London
Trevena family - Liverpool/Wirral
Kipling/Johnson family - Hull
Carney family - Congleton, Liverpool, Galway
Gill family - London
Le Prevost, Cohu,Mahy, Brehaut and Robin families - Guernsey

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline smag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 23 October 10 15:26 BST (UK) »
Sorry everyone - I am not very good at watching this site.
I will - at some point - attempt to scan in the family tree of the Robin family from Guernsey. It is very big and I will have to find a way of either reducing it, which may make it difficult to read, or to scan it in sections.  If I could find the time - ! I could type it in, in a form that is readable.  That is my plan.

I can tell you that there are several branches of the Robin family: some come from the Provence area of France and another from Brittany & Normandy. My guess is that the Robin family in Guernsey came from the latter. Whether they moved there for the sugar, which I have not heard about, or another reason, I don't know.

Maggie
Guernsey: Robin/Le Prevot/Mauger

Devon/Cornwall: Chown/Redman

Yorkshire: Thomas/Wilkinson

Offline shilo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 31 October 10 05:38 GMT (UK) »
hello
I'm not sure if I am connected to all of you but I do have a connection with Matt Robins who posted earlier.
Threw my 3 x grandparents Isaac Robins b 1821-26 married  Emma Rosey Bargery b 1836 ( also you could be right of why the family came to the Island as she worked at the Sugar factory )
their daughter Amelia b abt 1855 (your Issac sister) married James Molloy b 1852
would love to share with you what I have found.
Also Maggie I to would like to see your Robins family tree if you think there is a connection and my grandmother was a Mauger her father was Edward Le Pelley Mauger any connection ?
looking forward to hearing from you
Jackie 

Mauger, Le Pelley, Tapp, Molloy, Stephenson, Fogden,
Lawson, McInnes

Offline Haidee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 18 November 10 02:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have a connection to Le Prevost.

Marie Le Prevost married William Cochrane.  They, together with Peter Phillips Cochrane (Williams brother) immigrated to Australia in 1854

William's father was James Cochrane and his father was also James Cochrane.  They were tobacco aucctioners in St Peters Port. 

Offline mattrobinsgsy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 15 April 11 14:20 BST (UK) »
Hi there, How are you ?
are you one of Jill and anthony's children ? if so then yes we are related ! henry charles robins and clara louisa foss were also my great grandparents yes they had a son called george stanley eric robins they had three other boys one of them was alfred isaac robins who was my grandfather.
If you would like to find out more you could email me on (*) and I can give you access to our family tree that I have.
Take care all the very best.
Matt Robins.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline mattrobinsgsy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 15 April 11 14:31 BST (UK) »
Hi there Jackie, I noticed that you left a post about being related to me through isaac robins who married emma bargery, well I can share with you what info that i have on our family if you are intersted in sharing your informattion as well ? if so please email me at (*)  and i will invite you to view my family tree.
Thanks, Take Care all the best.
Matt Robins

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Chris1959

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 22 March 12 10:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi all I am also a part of this huge and ever growing family, my grandfather was Samuel Vincent the 10th child of Susan Vincent (nee Robins). A lot of Ancestry trees have a Pierre Robins passing away in China. Can anybody tell me where that information came from?
Hope RootsChat's huge knowledge base can help.
Cheers Chris

Offline Lisa1975

• RootsChat Member
  • My Great x 2 Grandparents Emily & Wilhelm Berning
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 24 March 12 08:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi all I am also a part of this huge and ever growing family, my grandfather was Samuel Vincent the 10th child of Susan Vincent (nee Robins). A lot of Ancestry trees have a Pierre Robins passing away in China. Can anybody tell me where that information came from?
Hope RootsChat's huge knowledge base can help.
Cheers Chris

Hi Chris, Len has given me your email so i'll be in touch soon about the family tree in general :)

Re Pierre, i haven't used China as a place of death until i have found something concrete to back it up.

There seems to have been a lot of copying of trees on Ancestry so i'm assuming one person put China then others have copied it and it's gone from there.

Regards

Lisa

Hall/Dickins/Dickens/Griffin family - Stewkley, Bucks
West family - Grays/Hockley/Horndon, Essex
Berning family - Germany/London
Trevena family - Liverpool/Wirral
Kipling/Johnson family - Hull
Carney family - Congleton, Liverpool, Galway
Gill family - London
Le Prevost, Cohu,Mahy, Brehaut and Robin families - Guernsey

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk