Author Topic: Samsung PC Studio 3  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Nadine Moore

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Samsung PC Studio 3
« on: Tuesday 26 May 09 11:13 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have just upgraded my mobile phone to a Samsung U900 (which I love) and installed the Samsung PC suite to link my phone with my PC.

It all works OK apart from the Multimedia Manager element. Whenever I try to load it I get the following error message

The instruction at "0x013290d4" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read"

Can anyone explain
a) what this error means and
b) how I can correct it

thanks

dinie
Census information is Crown Copyright - www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
ADAMS - Kent/Sussex, BROOKS - Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire. GASCOYNE/GASKINS - Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire. GOULD - Derbyshire/Lancashire. HILL - Hampshire/Kent/Lancashire/Limerick. MARK - Buckinghamshire/Cumberland/Lancashire. WILCOX - Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire. WITTONBROOKES/WITTENBROKE - Northamptonshire/Buckinghamshire. YATES - Canada.

Online RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
Re: Samsung PC Studio 3
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 May 09 12:00 BST (UK) »
a) it means that there is a conflict between your new program and an existing one on the computer (or the remnants of an older program left behind)

b) Difficult one to answer remotely as you need to know what is installed and what has been removed from the machine - any suggested cures may be worse than the problem.

Offline Nadine Moore

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 May 09 15:21 BST (UK) »
Falkyrn

Thank you for your comments. Why did I know it wouldn't be an easy solution :D

I used to have another make of mobile and had the PC suite for that installed, would it be a good idea to try removing that to see if it clears the conflict. I no longer have that mobile phone so don't need the PC suite any longer anyway?

Thanks

dinie
ADAMS - Kent/Sussex, BROOKS - Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire. GASCOYNE/GASKINS - Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire. GOULD - Derbyshire/Lancashire. HILL - Hampshire/Kent/Lancashire/Limerick. MARK - Buckinghamshire/Cumberland/Lancashire. WILCOX - Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire. WITTONBROOKES/WITTENBROKE - Northamptonshire/Buckinghamshire. YATES - Canada.

Online RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 26 May 09 19:23 BST (UK) »
It may be the older program which is causing the conflicts - removing it shouldn't do any harm.

Offline Nadine Moore

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 27 May 09 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Falkyrn

I've removed the old programme but still have the error, so dont know what to try next!!!

Thanks for trying to help though

dinie

Offline Nadine Moore

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Samsung PC Studio 3 - COMPLETED
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 28 May 09 19:48 BST (UK) »
Falkyrn

Just to let you know I've solved the problem. MY Anti virus / firewall programme was playing up so I uninstalled and reinstalled that and lo & behold the Multimedia Manager now works.

No ideas why or how this has solved it but i am a happy bunny  ;D  ;D

dinie

Online RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 28 May 09 20:28 BST (UK) »
Glad it works now - I had forgotten I also had this program installed and had a look at it - it needed 280 updates when I started it  ::)

Offline Nadine Moore

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 29 May 09 18:37 BST (UK) »
it needed 280 updates when I started it

Mine too, you'd think they would update the main programme wouldn't you  ???