Author Topic: Hunslet Hall Manor  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Westerman Family

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hunslet Hall Manor
« on: Wednesday 27 May 09 18:58 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Does anyone know the history of Hunslet Hall Manor in Leeds?
My Grt Grt Grandma Mary Westerman was born at Hunslet Hall in 1820. I have seen the Hunslet Hall subject which dont mention it as a Manor Hall.
I am trying to trace John and Sarah Westerman who were her parents. There are lots of John Westerman and Sarah marriages that would tie in as Marys parents and I have contacted family tree holders with a John and Sarah Westerman on their family tree but, none have mine from Hunslet Hall. I don't know were to go next to find the right family?
Leeds Archives have traced Mary and her sister Eliza's baptism at St Peters Leeds 11/02/1823.
I had thought Hunslet Hall was an area until, during my research I found a Josias Westerman who had Hunslet Hall Manor House passed to him from his father in law in the 1700's and as I am now stuck wondered if I could trace him to my Westerman's.
I have followed Mary to my Grt Grandma Lydia Shaw nee Westerman - she was born illegitimate.
Hope some one can help to put me back on track ?
Thanks
Dawn

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hunslet Hall Manor
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 May 09 19:55 BST (UK) »
There is some information about Hunslet Hall at  http://www.rootschat.com/links/06es/   

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Westerman Family

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 May 09 20:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you Stan, I have seen that information. I am trying to find out if my grt grt grandma was born at  Hunslet Hall the area or Hunslet Hall the manor.
Her baptisam record show her born at Hunslet Hall in 1820 and as a servant in 1841.

Offline Westerman Family

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 May 09 21:26 BST (UK) »
Thank you Stan, I hadn't got that information. I didn't know you had sent me a link to look at.
Great Information and very helpfull.
Dawn.