Author Topic: Ernest Nugent (previously Nyguist)  (Read 9545 times)

Offline Linda1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest Nugent (previously Nyguist)
« Reply #18 on: Friday 04 September 09 12:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Agnes

I read with interest your posts and was glad to see you have found some of your missing relatives from Camlachie and wondered if you had managed to find your grandfathers grave as I saw your post on another site saying you were looking for his burial place?

Linda1

Offline weesmudge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 04 September 09 18:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Linda thank you for your welcome message .. I have not been able to trace my Grandfathers Buriel place which would be one of my Dearest Wishes it would mean so much to me...I dont always enjoy the best of health so havent managed to visit any where to take my Quest further at the moment . but keep hoping that someone may come up with some info..
    I have been so overwhelmed at finding some family members which never in my wildest dreams ever thought this possible  Roots Chat has been wonderful and cant praise all you wonderful people enough.
  I was thinking that if he was buried as in 1953etc most people were buried not cremated it may well be Janefield at parkhead 5mns from camlachie. or Necropolis at townhead where he died or sandymount
 thank you for your interest in my family story
           Kind Regards Agnes

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 04 September 09 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Agnes

Keep well and fingers crossed that Linda may have something  ::)

Welcome to RootsChat Linda  :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Linda1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 05 September 09 11:40 BST (UK) »
Hello again Agnes

Do you have a date of death for your grandmother Agnes?  If they weren't cremated your grandparents will probably be buried together.

Thanks for the welcome too Monica

Regards
Linda

Offline weesmudge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 06 September 09 07:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Linda my grandmother had remarried and she was cremated in daldowie crematorium in February 1974 .. but still hoping to find out someday as would love to pay my respects to my Grandfather some day.thank you for your interest take care Regards Agnes

Offline Linda1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 07 September 09 22:36 BST (UK) »
Hello again Agnes

Whilst researching on another project in Glasgow I have been doing some burial record look ups and visiting cemeteries around the East End of Glasgow.  I came across your request for help and it caught my attention because it was an unusual name and you were looking in the area I was concentrating on.

Well I have some good news and some bad news for you!

The bad news first:
Unfortunately I have been unable so far to find any trace of your Grandfather Ernest Nugent.

The good news is I have discovered your Great Grandfather John Edward Nyquist (who I think originally came over from Sweden) is infact buried in Janefield Cemetery he died Dec 17th 1910 in the Eastern District Hospital  (which I think was Duke Street Hospital) and he lived at 103 Broad Street, Camlachie.  He was buried in Janefield on 20th December 1910. This information is from the cemetery burial register for Janefield.  Unfortunately there is no headstone there.

I think I have also found your Grandfather Ernest's younger brother Alexander Nyguist , he is buried in Tollcross Cemetery (d.1971) along with his wife Margaret (d.1979) and I think maybe his daughter Jean's Nyguist's husband Joe.   This information was taken from the headstone in Tollcross Cemetery.

I won't list all the details of the lairs and headstone inscripton here as it would be a really long post.  I will try and send you a personal message with all the details if possible along with a couple of photograph's I took for you. 

I will still, when possible keep an eye open for any information about your grandfather Ernest.

Hope this helps you in your quest to find your family.
Regards

Linda

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 07 September 09 23:07 BST (UK) »
That is such great info Linda  :) As you have seen from this thread, there are quite a number of family members now linked in so some of the details you have now found may well directly connect with them.

Monica  :)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 07 September 09 23:14 BST (UK) »
Linda

Can I ask you a question? With your experience on these types of records, how likely is it if Agnes contacted the Cemeteries & Crematoria  Registrar (20 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5ES, Phone:0141 287 3961) and provided Ernest's death details from 1953, would they be able to trace the burial details?

Monica

Offline Linda1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 08 September 09 16:03 BST (UK) »
Hello Monica and Agnes

I haven't had any direct contact with Glasgow City Council Cemeteries Department but I understand from word of mouth that they will do a burial register search for you but I think there is a hefty charge involved, last I heard it was about £61 and it could take up to six weeks to come back to you.  Maybe someone who has used this service recently could come back and let you know how it worked out for them.

Good luck
Linda