Author Topic: FRANCIS Baptisms 1741-1750 Bishops Stortford  (Read 670 times)

Offline countrybumpkin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
FRANCIS Baptisms 1741-1750 Bishops Stortford
« on: Thursday 28 May 09 15:11 BST (UK) »
Could anyone enlighten me as to the parantage of William Francis bapt 14 Mar 1741 his brothers John 5 March 1747 and Samuel 9 April 1750. I believe them to be William Francis & Sarah Alger, another member of Ancestry has them on their tree as William Francis & Sarah Patmore.

Sorry I think this is the right family of Francis but the wrong generation, my William was married in Great Canfield in 1765 to Sarah Alger,so this William could have been the one born in 1741 at Bishops Stortford. As with a lot of families they seem to have had all the same family names for their children. This couple had a William,John & Samuel and it's their baptisms that I am looking for maybe in Herts or Essex.

Offline petercornish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: FRANCIS Baptisms 1741-1750 Bishops Stortford
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 June 09 16:09 BST (UK) »
I found the three baptism entries in the Bishop Stortford Parish Register, which merely recorded "son of William Francis of Stort Hill and Sarah his wife".

As a matter of interest, prior to 1752 the legal beginning of the year  in England was Lady Day 25th March and this will need to be taken into acoount when calculating the age of William and/or John.

Regards   ...   Peter     
Census information is Crown Copyright http:/www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline countrybumpkin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FRANCIS Baptisms 1741-1750 Bishops Stortford
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 June 09 09:49 BST (UK) »
Thank you Peter I do have the three baptisms for Bishops Stortford now but think the family of William Francis must have moved into Essex just before he got married in 1765 so maybe will find the baptisms of his children there somewhere.