Author Topic: Willenhall / The Three Tuns Pub  (Read 20005 times)

Offline setter6

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Willenhall / The Three Tuns Pub
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 July 09 11:25 BST (UK) »
Here is the Three Tuns Tavern Walsall Road Willenhall. My Grandmother lived there in 1901 name of Mellor, she was 20 at the time. My son named it in our files as The Cross Guns so take no notice of that, as you can see on the Pub sign it is the Three Tuns.

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 July 09 10:13 BST (UK) »
Brilliant!

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline noman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 20 July 09 09:44 BST (UK) »
Can anyone remember the Three Tuns Public House in Willenhall? ......  I believe it has now been demolished. My gt grandparents were the publicans here circa 1905, I would love to see a picture  of the pub, does anyone know where I might find one?

Hello Alyson,

Not sure if you're interested in the history of the Three Tuns Pub but, according to the 1861 Census entry, a distant cousin of mine (one Meshach Rowley) may have been the publican. At the time, it was recorded as an Inn and Provision Shop and my cousin was also a General Rimlock Maker. A busy man by the sound of it.

Regards

Andrew
Anslow, Bate, Corbett, Dunning, Dyke, Purslow, Rowley, Woodfield - Staffordshire
Bate, Dunning, Onions - Shropshire
Grubb, Portlock - Oxfordshire
Woodfield - Gloucestershire
Hoof, Hoofe, Hough - UK

Offline 3tuns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 17 May 10 17:17 BST (UK) »
hiya alyson you were asking about 3 tuns pub ... well my partner now owns the pub with his brother .. we have had it 4 the last 14 years any info u could give me would be greatly appreciated or any pics u have of it... the pub has a live in ghost lol a friendly one tho... the regulars seem to think its some one called mary.. who used to run the pub in the 1950s..hope to hear from u soon take care

Offline Enderfay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 19 May 10 15:16 BST (UK) »
Hi 3Tuns,

I live just the opposite side of Willenhall town to the pub (over by the Memorial Park) and would - if at all possible - love to hear more on the associated haunting?  I've heard of many different tales concerning the general area, but nothing on this particular property, so I'm greatly intrigued to say the least!! ;) ;)

Regards,

Nick
West Midlands Ghost Club

Offline 3tuns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 19 May 10 21:10 BST (UK) »
hi gona send pic taken in three tuns.thnxjuls

Offline 3tuns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 19 May 10 21:14 BST (UK) »
can any1 plz explain wot or who is in the background appearing in the pic of my daughter it was taken one min after midnight on her 16th bday 3 yrs ago lol must ave wanted to join in the party!!!

Offline Enderfay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 19 May 10 22:31 BST (UK) »
hi gona send pic taken in three tuns.thnxjuls

Very intriguing photograph 3Tuns!!

Whatever it is, it appears to have some cloth-like features to it?  Had this been a transparent, human figure, I would have strongly suggested that it may well have been a by-product of digital camera tech - I've seen lots of photographs along those sorts of lines - but, if it was possibly a mis-interpreted object............ what on earth was it???? :o

We've been asked to view photographs by many sources in the past - incl. on behalf of Radio, TV and other media concerns - but this one is one of the more interesting anomalies I've seen, I must admit......

Regards,

Nick
www.westmidlandsghostclub.com

Offline planter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 30 October 10 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hi -Here is a picture of the Three Tuns Circa 1900 taken from Chapel Green. Hope this is of interest. John.