Author Topic: Mellor/Dransfield confusion  (Read 11986 times)

Offline Jac93

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mellor/Dransfield confusion
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 23 August 16 20:41 BST (UK) »
Evening!

Well, on that I'm not sure at the moment, but if you are, which given Almondbury is small, is likely, it will be as remoter cousins. 

I was wondering where you found that George was born in 1864?

I'm afraid as I've been having a wander through my friends family, I realised that somewhere there has been an error, I'm hoping that since this thread started in 2005 you may have noticed...

It wasn't until I got a couple of pages in to the trail of messages that I spotted that your grandma was an Edna. You see, I don't have an Edna on George's tree, nor did I have him married to an Amelia, so I double checked everything.

There is a George Dransfield on the 1891 and 1901 census, on the 1891 he's married to a Mary and has Mary E, George, and Minnie as children, but in 1911 his wife is names as Amelia, Mary E has gone, but George, Minnie, and now Edna are with him.

I believe he married Mary Amelia Gledhill in September 1874

Only he was born in 1854, not 1864.

The George who was born in 1864, married Elizabeth Morley, and they had 7 children, including my friends father Henry.  On the 1911 census George Dransfield (1864) is definitely in the same household as Henry.

The George from 1864 was, as you eventually realised Walter's son, but George of 1854 was the son of Thomas and Mary.

I've just tried to attach a copy of the 1861 census showing him with his family, but it won't let me load it up.

As I say, I'm hoping you realised.  I have access to quite a lot of parish records and things, if you'd like copies of anything just let me know.

Regards, Jacqui

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mellor/Dransfield confusion
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 23 August 16 21:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Jacqui,

Yes, Mary and Amelia are the same person. She flits from one to the other frequently.  Yes, she is Mary Amelia Gledhill.

To be honest I can't remember much of the top of head and all my research is packed away at the moment.
My baby, toddler and certificates don't mix well!

L xxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams