Author Topic: emmigration around 1900 - CROSS  (Read 6193 times)

Offline jerper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: emmigration around 1900 - CROSS
« Reply #18 on: Monday 01 June 09 18:12 BST (UK) »
Well Hello,
May I start by saying a big thankyou for all the information you guys have uncovered, I did actually post a reply early this morning before i went to work but i'm blowed if i know where it went. I started looking at the connection between the Pearls and Cross's after obtaining a couple of letters my father's aunt had written some 40 years ago to another distant relative. But I was confused by her saying that my GGGGrandfather John William Pearl was married to Sarah Jackson and they had 2 boys Joseph and James and a daughter named Mary who married some one called Cross they had a farm in the New Forest and when the parents died the 3 children emmigrated   around 1899 1900 Richard to Australia, Annie to South Africa and Frank to Canada who after a couple of weeks drowned whilst trying to save a girl in the sea. Now armed with this info I was thrown into confusion because for ages my John William and Sarah Jackson had 4 sons or so I thought. I used the census returns that you mentioned for 1881 and thought it had to be the correct Cross family. It now looks like I have to delve alot deeper into my Pearl family. Again thankyou all.

Regards
John Pearl
John Pearl researching Pearl,Jackson.

Offline jerper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: emmigration around 1900 - CROSS
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 11 July 10 17:51 BST (UK) »
Hello every one who helped way back in 2009,
it's me again John Pearl, I have only just proved that there was an Elizabeth Pearl in our family and she did in fact marry William J. Cross. Which makes your findings way back then correct with Richard Frederick Cross at Burt Road, Cotesloe. Where do I go from here to find more information on the family after 1936 please. Any information gratefully received thankyou.
Regards
John Pearl
John Pearl researching Pearl,Jackson.