Author Topic: Sutton,s in essex  (Read 1007 times)

Offline johnallot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sutton,s in essex
« on: Sunday 31 May 09 16:26 BST (UK) »

ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]Hi, my grandfather had an older brother called George Sutton. he  was born in 1880. He is onthe 1901 census living in Staplefdord abbots he does not appear in the 1911 census, i have found a george sutton on the ellis island site emigrating to america between these years. also i have found a george sutton dying in Florida in 1966 who was born in 1880. How do i find out if this is the same george Sutton.   Many thanks.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sutton,s in essex
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 May 09 16:41 BST (UK) »
Hello John,
welcome to rootschat.
I was going to suggest that you post for someone to check USA censuses to see if anything turned up.
However, there are a couple of things which need clarifying.
I looked at Stapleford Abbots for 1901 and the only George Sutton I can see is born 1848, unless your George is hiding somewhere with a misspelling or similar.
Also, how much have you checked the Ellis Island ones?
 I looked at 2 but they are both US citizens. Does it give any details which would make you think that it is your George?
Have you checked deaths /marriages?

best wishes
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 May 09 17:25 BST (UK) »
Hi
Welcome to Rootschat

I've looked at the migration list to America on FindMyPast and there are 12 George Suttons leaving England and going to America between 1902 and 1909. Do you know the occupation of your George as this might help narrow it down?

Jan
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline johnallot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 June 09 16:39 BST (UK) »
 sorry for the delay in replying, but i am usually only online on sunday pm. I have rechecked my info and i had made an error, George is on the 1891 census. not 1901. Ihave today checked marriage and death records and cannot find george, i can remember mygrandfather telling me that he had a brother that went abroad and he did not remember much about him. It was just a fact that i found a george sutton in usa with the correct year of birth that i wondered if this could be the same person, and i was trying to find out where this george was born.  Best regards John.