Author Topic: Change of user name  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Arquebus

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Change of user name
« on: Wednesday 23 February 05 21:19 GMT (UK) »
If, for various reasons, including security or legal matters, I wish to change 'user name', will all previous entries change automatically to the new name?

Al.
ENFIELD...Colchester, DEARY & DIX...Norfolk & Oz, SLOLEY / SYMONS...Fremington Devon, BAKER...Deopham Norfolk, BANTACK...Ixworth, ALLISON...Suffolk / ALLISTON / ELLISTON/E...North East Essex, HOW /HOWE...North East Essex, SWALES..York / Middlesboro,METCALFE...York,  WOODS / MOLLETT / GREEN....Norwich, BRATTY...N.Ireland (Derry and Belfast), MORGAN...Bicknor / Coleford Glos. & Middlesboro. FENN / WENDEN / ROOKARD....North East Essex. SNOW...Hampstead & Devon. BULL...Colchester.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: Change of user name
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 February 05 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Hiya,

If you send me a personal message with your new username that you require, I can set it for you.

We will however need to reset your password - but you can then change it back to anything you like afterwards.

And yes, all your previous messages (and future ones) will then have your new username.  :)

Trystan  :)
RootsChat Caretaker
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Today is the day of my life
    • View Profile
Re: Change of user name
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 September 05 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, suddenly today instead of logging in automatically to Rootschat with my former user name etc I was only a "Guest" and could not post.  I have been a member of Rootschat for ages and have ongoing threads etc under my former user name of Nooshie.   The only way I could access the board again was to register again.   I have now a new user name, e-mail and password but have lost everything else!  What can I do and why did this happen.
Devon,Cornwall and Somerset
West,Horne,Andrews,Melluish and Denniford