Author Topic: Castle Hill Street Wexford  (Read 30217 times)

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Castle Hill Street Wexford
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 31 March 13 21:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the reply  :) I didnt think there was a third child named anastacia but a second daughter, but thinking about it , I dont think this is the case.  All the way through records of my Grandmother there has been conficts of age, even when talking to my Mom today (her daughter in law) she tells me that she was told that my grandmother had died much younger than the death certificate said ....crikey I need her to be older no younger ! and she said she was told by my Dad that his mother was only 42 when she died ! The anastacia on the census showing her age as 14 makes more sense to me than her being younger because I most definitely find her in 1911 where she met my grandfather in Rathdrum , she states her age then as being 27 ! I know my Great Grandmother had children in 1899, 1900, and 1902 a lot younger than Anastacia. After speaking to my Mom today she said she remembered these later children visiting Anastacia when she lived in Dublin and she knew they were a lot younger than Anastacia . Been thinking about this all day so am glad you mailed , after seeing your cert. feel sure that Stasia aged 14 has to be my Granny . Thanks again :)
O'GRADY - DUBLIN,TIPPERARY,& ENGLAND
DOOLEY - TIPPERARY, CO LAOIS
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
HARRIS- CLARE, CORK, & ENGLAND
BLANEY, DOYLE FURLONG -  WEXFORD
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

OTHER NAME INTERESTS - MORAN ,CORBETT, LILLIS, MCGERRY, MCNAMARA, MCGRANE, BRENNAN.....All County Clare & Scattery Island

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 31 March 13 23:03 BST (UK) »
Sorry meant to say she said she was 21 not 27 on the 1911 census. I do have proof that it is her on the 1911 census as I have her marriage certificate which checks out her address at the time. Also was thinking that she couldnt have been born so late because she would probably have still appeared on the 1911 census in Wexford and not in Bray. Even more thinking ....(always knew my Dads side would do this to me !) as a child we didnt really think about how old our parents were or their actual age, my Mother when I asked her as a child how old she was would always say 21 ! I of course would believe her haha.  My Dad had told me he was only 12 when Anastasia died and he was told that she was only 42 ....this coming from his siblings , they may never have known her true age at all.  Yep I am now convinced that Anastacia aged 14 is my Grannie, and died aged 53 . thanks for your input Shorts ! I will carry on trying to locate her birth cert but with amended year, I may just be succesful !
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

OTHER NAME INTERESTS - MORAN ,CORBETT, LILLIS, MCGERRY, MCNAMARA, MCGRANE, BRENNAN.....All County Clare & Scattery Island

Offline shorts

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Monday 01 April 13 21:23 BST (UK) »
Re my earlier post and the reference I made to a “third daughter”. What I was trying to say is that based on the information in the 1901 census Patrick & Mary Furlong had the following daughters:

Stasia aged 14 (born c1887)
Annie aged 13 (born c1888) 

If a third daughter had arrived in 1892 it would have been very unlikely that they would have given the child the same name as their still living first daughter.

Earlier I posted the baptism record for their first child, Richard born in 1885 in King Street and below is the baptism record for John, born 23 September 1899 in Castle Hill Street. It would appear from these two addresses that the family remained resident in the southern part of Wexford Town during this period but strangely I can’t see a baptism record for Stasia, Annie or the next born, Bridget born approx 1893, in the local Bride Street church register which is a bit of a mystery??   
Dalton: Wexford Town/Ireland
Curran: Ballyvaloo/Blackwater/Co Wexford/Ireland
Clowery/Farrell: Wexford Town/Ireland
Flood: Enniscorthy & Wexford/Ireland
Ormand/Kirwan: Blackwater/Co Wexford/Ireland
Shortman: Bristol/Westbury-on-Trym/Manchester
Trull: Uley/Dursley/Glos
Cross: Dursley/Glos
Hazard: Bristol/Manchester

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Monday 01 April 13 22:14 BST (UK) »
You help keep me sane Shorts ! yeah I was originally think that the eldest Stasia had died and a later one being my grannie was born, but thinking about her age when she was found in Bray and the fact that Geroid that added to the conversation told me that his mother remembered two of Anastacias sisters, Molly and Christina (but not Anastacia) sort of confirmed to me that my grannie was indeed older and left the family home which is why Gearoids mother did not remember her. It is a complete mystery why I cannot find a birth for her , I did send off for a cert a few years ago and had it come back as a refund  :( maybe I should try again ? this is indeed frustrating as its my Grannie ....my Dads mom ! crazy ! trying to think of another way ....
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

Offline Gearoid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday 02 April 13 15:55 BST (UK) »
A bit out of date perhaps, but....Shorts, looking back on a message of yours of 28th Oct 2012, you mentioned a Charles Furlong of Talbot Street as father to Anastatia born 1887. I had initially thought this was my Grandmother who appears with her parents and siblings in Talbot Street in 1901 and in Bogganstown in 1911. They eventually moved to within 2 doors of the Castlehill Furlongs in the late 1910s. However, I just noticed that the ages are way out. My Anastatia was certainly not born 1887. So I'm assuming that the 1887 Anastatia died young. Given that the Castlehill and Talbot Furlongs are somehow related (according to my mother) it seems as if Anastasia was a much favoured and repeated name. My Grandmother Anastatia died in 1922, a year after my mothers birth.

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday 02 April 13 17:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Gearoid

how you doing  :) This week I made contact with a Marie Rossiter whose father was named Charles from Whiterock, I have sent her my information but it does seem that we are indeed cousins her connection being my great aunt Molly, Anastacias sister.  I am waiting for a reply from her. So where does this leave you with finding your Grandmother ?? I am beginning to wonder if this name Anastacia was recorded as something completely different, the name has followed me through the generations , my auntie also been named Anastacia , I didnt know this until she died ! all my life I had known her as my aunt Kitty !

Carol
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

Offline Gearoid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday 02 April 13 18:02 BST (UK) »
I'm pretty ok with the info about my Grandmother Anastasia. The info is quite solid. I'm more interested now in the generation before, as well as in the fact that my Grandmothers Mother had only 3 surviving children out of 8 born. I'm still very curious to find out who and what the connection was between your Furlongs and mine. I'm still unclear as to whether the relationship was through your Patrick or Mary, and what precisely it was. G.

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday 02 April 13 18:08 BST (UK) »
I need to dig much deeper into the generation before, the only clue I have is the census naming (yet another) Anastacia Furlong as mother in law , if I  could take the census as accurate it would mean it was the paternal side . Which would mean than my Grannies mother and Father were Richard and Anastacia , trying to trace their children could help.
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday 02 April 13 18:10 BST (UK) »
sorry meant Richard and Anastacia being my Grannies grandparents not parents ! Furlongs coming out of my ears !
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE