Author Topic: king family in claddagh  (Read 2150 times)

Offline pauleyboy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
king family in claddagh
« on: Tuesday 02 June 09 20:49 BST (UK) »
my great grandmother was bridgette ryan nee king and i believed she was a claddagh girl ,she married micheal ryan and lived in middle street mechanics institute,just trying to find out about the king side of my family,

Offline Jax49

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: king family in claddagh
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 June 09 15:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul

I see you are on the case of the King side of your family.

I think I have found the marriage index for Michael and Bridget. It is Volume 4 page 138 2nd Quarter, Galway, 1915. thats about 3 years after his fist wife Mary died. I matched the Vol. and page for both a Briget King and Michael Ryan and they matched so it looks like this is their marriage.

if you go to this site www.groireland.ie it will tell you how to get the marriage certificate, then at least you will have Bridgets fathers name, then you might find them on the 1911 census for Galway that is now online.

Have fun and let me know how you get on.

jacqui

ps you might be able to get one of your relatives in Ireland to get it for you quicker.
Bradshaw Tyldesley/Worsley Lancs. RIMMER Liverpool/Birkenhead/Eccles Lancs. Dale Congleton.
Storey Kendal/Eccles. Ryan County Galway Ireland.
O'SULLIVAN Oughterard/ Cornamona County Galway, Ireland. Butler and Burke, Count Galway.  Cowburn Atherton, Manley Worsley. Durban (various spelling) Chilvers Coton Warwickshire. Phidiam/Fidium Worsley.

Offline Mr. MIGKY

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: king family in claddagh
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 June 09 19:17 BST (UK) »
Info removed as either incorrect or no reply to the post.
Migky ;)