Author Topic: McMullin/ Pattle, Cavan/Diligence 1804  (Read 4725 times)

Offline Diligence

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McMullin/ Pattle, Cavan/Diligence 1804
« on: Wednesday 03 June 09 04:18 BST (UK) »
Greetings!
I'm seeking information on the McMullin family (John and Mary) who left Dublin on April 30, 1804 on the Diligence.  John was 50 at the time as was Mary.  They were traveling with several of their children and listed their home as "Pattle, Cavan". 
Any suggestions about finding where/what 'Pattle' might be or any suggestions about finding information about John and Mary's roots would be greatly appreciated.
~M>

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McMullin/ Pattle, Cavan/Diligence 1804
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 08:34 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. The most likely townland for 'Pattle' is Pottle however, it's a very common Cavan placename. There are 5 townlands called Pottle, a Pottle East, Pottle Lower, Pottle Soden, Pottle Upper, Pottle West, Pottlebane, Pottlebrack, Pottleduff, Pottlereagh and two Pottleboys according to www.thecore.com/seanruad.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline pfmullin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 June 11 15:39 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am also researching this McMullin family from Cavan. I believe they eventually settled in Virginia. Was wodering if you had any other information on them. My great-great grandfather was Alexander Mullin, b: 1847 in Harrisburg. Pennsylvania. Family lore states that our name was McMullin at one time. Thanks.
Mullin, McMullin, Beitzel, Wilcox, Wence, Haines, Hunsberger, Thompson, Hartman, Cicchitti, Villozzi, Brennan, O'Dowd

Offline etrisch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 13 January 12 20:58 GMT (UK) »
Good Afternoon.  pfmullin - I just came across your post about Alexander McMillan.  I'm not sure if he is in relation to this John and Mary (her name may also have been Jean).  I have information on them as I have John's will and other items from another researcher.  Would be interested in communicating with you. Please feel free to message me. I can also be reached at *.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline etrisch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 01 February 13 22:27 GMT (UK) »
I am still interested in connecting with anyone regarding this family.  ~Thanks

Offline ANackman

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 28 May 21 18:25 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have been shown the ship manifest for John McMullin and family from Pattle, Cavan, on the Diligence in 1804.  It is believed that this family ended up in Knox County, Tennessee, USA, where they went by the name McMillan.  I believe that I am descended from Alexander and wife Barbara.  Would also love to communicate with others researching those on this manifest and in Knox County.  Thank you.