Author Topic: St.Mary,s Cleobury Mortimer  (Read 1023 times)

Offline joyce341

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Dad aged two in 1891
    • View Profile
St.Mary,s Cleobury Mortimer
« on: Wednesday 03 June 09 20:48 BST (UK) »
 could anyone please tell me,if St,Mary,s with the crooked spire,is the same church as St.Mary,s under Mawley hall in IGI,my GGGrandparents married lived and died there,also all their children were Christened there,they lived all the time at 3 Lower Forge,my GGGrandfather Richard Hickman born 1775,died in 1858 and my GGGrandmother,Elizabeth Hickman born 1789 died 1871 there.
My son-in-law is takeing me to see Cleobury Mortimer on the 8th June,so want to if possible,gain as much information as possible beforehand as I will not have much time to look around,would like to look around the churchyard and see if there are any Hickman gravestones and see the area where they lived.
I know they worked for Mawley Hall,are in all census,s next to the Blounts but it would have been the original one,not the present hall.
any help with information,would be greatly appreciated.
Joyce
Hickman,Cleobury Mortimer,Shropshire/Staffordshire, Parkes,Dudley,Beddoes Lindridge,Cleobury Mortimer,
Asker,Snettisham,Norfolk,Newby Howe,Kensington,SuffolkLawrence,Greenwich,Bermondsey.Putman,Kensington,Hertfordshire.

Offline chiggins

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St.Mary,s Cleobury Mortimer
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 August 09 06:23 BST (UK) »
I believe you are looking for Bitterly St Mary, Titterstone, Clee Hill, Shropshire. I have a painting by my father of that church, and he said it had a twisted steeple.