Author Topic: Hello, I just joined  (Read 3500 times)

Offline AnnetteBoe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I just joined
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 06 June 09 01:02 BST (UK) »
Hello Ruskie,

I am researching in Somerset, Shropshire, Cheshire, Durham (where I recently came into contact with 3rd cousins!), and Wales.  I have not been able to narrow down the Wales branch as of yet, but I am working on it.

Warmly,
Annette ;D ;D ;D ;D
Davies (Shropshire), Morton (Durham), Howard (Cheshire), Edwards (Wales), Watts (Somerset), Elworthy (Somerset), Barrington (Somerset)

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 06 June 09 01:04 BST (UK) »

Welcome from me too Annette.  I hope that you enjoy your time here with us.  You are sure to find any number of people willing and able to help you trace your family back even further... 

Good Luck

Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 06 June 09 01:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Annette!!  And, a very warm welcome to Rootschat from me, too.  ;D  Can you be a wee bit more specific about your MORTONs in County Durham?  Is there a chance that any of them could also have been from Northumberland around Scotland Gate?  Pat
ARCHIBALD/ARCHBALD: Tweedmouth, NBL; CHARLTON: Ponteland, NBL;
ERRINGTON: West Denton, NBL; 
FAIRLESS: Longbenton, NBL;
HARDING: Hollinside, Co. Durham;
KING: Newcastle-on-Tyne & Berwickshire;
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;
PAULIN: Berwickshire; REAY, Ponteland, NBL;
SCOTT: Norham, NBL; SELBY: Tweedmouth, NBL;
SLIGH: Berwickshire; SPOOR: Whickham & Ryton;
WIDDRINGTON: NBL

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 06 June 09 04:18 BST (UK) »
Welcome Annette!

Warmest regards from Western Australia

Pam
oakley, Leadbeater, Hemming, Jones, Pearsall, Page,------ Aston, Leominster, Balsall Heath, Tewkesbury, Kings Norton, Birmingham.

census information are crown copyright of www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 06 June 09 06:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Annette, and welcome
I am sure you will have a wonderful time with Rootschat.  I joined thinking it would help me with my family research.  It has, but it has also given me so much more.  I never believed that I could have so many friends all over the world as I have now.  And people are just so incredibly helpful.

My mother's family came from Suffolk - and stayed in the same village from 1540 - 1930, so as you can guess, it hasn't been too hard to track them down.  My father's family are from Durham but kept hopping across the river to Yorkshire so they are a bit more of a challenge.  And I live in Wales.

Regards,
Greensleeves
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AnnetteBoe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 11 June 09 01:06 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone,

My MORTON branch has all been located in Durham and the research has gone back into the middle 1700's.  They were all coal miners.  My Great Grandfather came to the the USA c1860.  He fought in the Civil War and then made his living as a coal miner.  Interesting tidbit, my Grandfather was also a coal miner along with all of his sons.  His daughter (my Mother) met my Dad and when she found out he WASN'T a coal miner, she was interested in him.  Needless to say, they got married..............

Annette ;D
Davies (Shropshire), Morton (Durham), Howard (Cheshire), Edwards (Wales), Watts (Somerset), Elworthy (Somerset), Barrington (Somerset)

Offline musicbank

• RootsChat Extra
  • Geneology is a jigsaw with no picture on the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 17 June 09 02:35 BST (UK) »
Hi from me too

I am new also and I can say you have joined the most incredable site, the people are so helpful and friendly and funny and will always point you in the right direction if you get lost.

Polly

Robinson (Yorkshire)
Hodgson (Yorkshire)
Matthews (Yorkshire)
Nichols(Yorkshire)
You Know you are getting old when you see your Birth in the BMD!!!

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 17 June 09 02:39 BST (UK) »
Welcome Annette,

Congratulations on joining, and I support all the welcomes already posted.   Its simply the bestest !

Every time I visit, I learn.  Sometimes I can even help others with their searchings. 

Cheers from NSW Australia.

Just Moi.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.