Author Topic: *** CLOSED *** Isabella Gunn Bruce (b.1840)  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Aye mair questions than answers!
    • View Profile
*** CLOSED *** Isabella Gunn Bruce (b.1840)
« on: Saturday 06 June 09 20:15 BST (UK) »
Hi all

I'm looking for a death date for:

ISABELLA GUNN BRUCE who was born 2 Aug 1840 in Kirkwall and St Ola, Orkney.  I have found her on the 1841 Census Residing in Kirkwall and St Ola, Orkney and the 1851 Census Residing at Broad Street, Kirkwall and St Ola, Orkney

Isabella was a daughter - and one of six children - of FOTHERINGHAM ARMIT and JOHN BRUCE.  I have dates for the others but Isabella's proving elusive.

Her mother was a daughter of the REVEREND JOHN WATSON ARMIT and JEAN DUNCAN OLIPHANT

Regards

Chiad Fhear
Aye mair questions than answers in a world where the past was a different place - that cannae be revisited!

Family surnames being researched ...
Crawford, Neilson, Lindsay, Reekie, Davidson
Drummond, Laing, Pearson, Tulloch ... will do for starters but there's a whole lot more!

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Aye mair questions than answers!
    • View Profile
Re: Isabella Gunn Bruce (b.1840)
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 June 09 15:17 BST (UK) »
Silly old me ::)

Guess what? I've traced Isabella! Well ... found out what happened to her anyway!

I had a load of photographs of gravestones from St Magnus Cathedral burial ground in Kirkwall, Orkney sent to me recently and hadn't paid attention to all of them  There she was ... wee Isabella died 17 April 1852 aged just 11 years and buried beside her Mum and Dad!

Gives closure :) and will make me look at EVERY carrot that gets dangled!

Regards

Chiad Fhear
Aye mair questions than answers in a world where the past was a different place - that cannae be revisited!

Family surnames being researched ...
Crawford, Neilson, Lindsay, Reekie, Davidson
Drummond, Laing, Pearson, Tulloch ... will do for starters but there's a whole lot more!

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk