Author Topic: Dolguan House, Newtown  (Read 9980 times)

Offline RoseJB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dolguan House, Newtown
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 April 12 18:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Zodiac101, thanks for the dates of when the house was sold in the 40s and 50s. I now know the lady in the photo was living in the house in the 1940s with at least one of her daughters, and that she died there in 1942. I wonder if you know anything more about Mr Watkins please? He must have owned both parts of the house at one time - did he rent them both out as whole houses or flats?
Thanks for anything you can help with this.

Offline TiggerTomTom

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 02 May 12 15:56 BST (UK) »
I was born in the bedroom with the bay window at Dolguan, in January 1957. My sister-in-law has posted above ( Zodiac). The name of the property is Dolguan, not Dolguan House.
It was owned by my parents until 1982/3. When I was a teenager I had my pony out to pasture in the paddock where now there is a house.
I came across your post whilst researching the house where I was born with my class of 8 year olds in Kuwait! Amazing!!
I loved that house and I hope you and your children love it as much, and are very happy there.

Offline Dennis Williams

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 11 August 22 20:18 BST (UK) »
I am interested to know more about Dolguan. The last post was from someone who was born there. My brothers and I were born in Newtown in the early 1950s and went to Newtown High School. My 94 year old Mum live on Fron Hafren. We saw that Dolguan East is for sale again and went to look at it from the outside this evening. There seems to be an annexe tacked on to it. When we this built?