Author Topic: Boon  (Read 7839 times)

Offline maz1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Boon
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 September 05 16:38 BST (UK) »
hi Bruce
just saw your information about the Boon's family line, I was very interested in the Northcote Boon who was born in Ilton Somerset. My line of Boon's also come from there - do you happen to know the names of the parents at all - as Ive never come across a Northcote and was wondering which line he came from
thanks for the info
all the best
marian

Offline EDO

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Boon/Northcote
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 06 September 05 23:11 BST (UK) »
Good morning Marian,

I've always wondered where it came from.  A Google search indicates that the surname was in use in the 17th century as there was a Northcote v Northcote family case determined in the House of Lords.

An LDS FamilySearch shows the surname NORTHCOTE [variant spelling NORTHCOTTE] as far back as, with a very long line of descendants -

"John Fitz-Geoffrey NORTHCOTE B:  Abt 1133
East Down, Devonshire, England
M:  Abt 1152
East Down, Devonshire, England  "

There is also a village NORTHCOT in Cornwall on the banks of the Tamar River.

How NORTHCOTE became associated with the HARRIS' as a 'Forename', I do not know.

Regards

Bruce EDMONDS

Offline Sparkle26

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 September 05 14:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Bruce

Thank you for all the info you sent I'm not sure yet if there is a link to my Boon's but i will let you know when i find out

Claire   :)
Connell Boon Favell Patchett Hinch Hutton Markham Calvert Codd Scullion Linton Martin Coupland Daniel
Day Cook Pepperdine West And many many more

ALL CENSUS INFORMATION IS CROWN COPYRIGHT from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline maz1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 17 September 05 16:20 BST (UK) »
hi Bruce
thanks ever so much for the information. I know nothing of Northcottes as in the surname, but was interested in Boon's from
Ilton.
Other areas covered are....
Beercrocombe, Orchard Portman, Curry Mallet,
I have information on the Boons going back to 1540 - if it helps anyone looking in the above areas.
all the best
marian

Offline EDO

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 17 September 05 21:38 BST (UK) »
Good morning Marian,

Yes please, I would like some info. on the line of BOONs you have.

I am trying to interest a niece into genealogy:  She grew up with a BOON family member in Brisbane and is showing a deal of interest.

With thanks

Bruce EDMONDS

If you wish send as an attachment to -
Bruces_Genealogy AT hotmail.com
Insert @ instead of 'AT':  'AT' used  avoid those spider machines.

Offline Lulu777

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 07 August 06 12:18 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have BOON's from Somerset, too.
William BOON was baptised 25 Jun 1802 at Curry Rivel and married Sarah BARTLETT in 1826 in the parish of Pitney.
They emigrated to Tasmania, Australia.
I have information form another researcher that traces William BOON's ancestors back to William BOONE and wife Prudence in the 1600's.
Love to make contact with any one else looking at these families.

Offline kena

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 23 August 06 17:55 BST (UK) »
Hi, anyone into Boon's from Dorset on here please, Thorncombe in particular.

Thanks

Anna
Mullon, Fowell, Thornely, Wilding, Lowndes,Gallimore - Cheshire
Routledge, Bell, Gillesby, Armstrong, Forster, Ewart, Nixon, Kennedy,Reay,Wright,Nattrass,Little,Richardson - Cumberland
Winsborough, Hannabus, Copp, Salter, Bray, Williams, Bonney, Creedy, Matthews, Kelner - Devon
Minto, - Durham
Allaker, Fitch,Groom,Queary - Essex
Steeple, Moult, Woodcock - Lancashire
Trafford, Hambleton, Cordon, Sweetman, Goldstraw, Brough, Barton, Dawson, Sutton, Stevenson - Staffordshire
Huess - Somerset

Offline pat410

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 07 March 07 12:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have just joined this site and have found your posting for William BOON born in Curry Rivel in 1802.

I'm not descended from your William BOON but from a William BOON born in Ramsey, Hunts. in 1805. The reason I'm making contact is because I have noticed on the ancestry.co.uk website family trees, several people have listed my William in their tree as being married to Sarah Bartlett and emigrating  to Tasmania, which is obviously not correct. Have you copies of the baptism and marriage of your William? I need to correct the submitters of the incorrect info. and if I can mention that the baptism and marriage have been confirmed with parish records it will help.

I hope this all makes sense! This is what happens when people don't do their research properly! Thanks.Pat
Boon, Wale, Clarke, Westoby, Hirons, Sharman, Mead, Mantle.

Offline EDO

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 07 March 07 21:28 GMT (UK) »
Good morning Pat,

Welcome to RootsChat, you will get many benefits from this genealogical fraternity! [and obviously some mis-information!!]

Thanks for the data on William BOON/s,  I was doing some research for a niece at the time and will pass your response on to her.

regards

EDO
in Brisbane