Author Topic: carnwath graveyard  (Read 41329 times)

Offline mildredr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: carnwath graveyard
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday 05 February 14 14:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sancti,
Thank you for that - it will definitely be worth a visit when I am next up in Scotland (I live in Cheshire at the moment) now that I know for sure there are at least some stones with the name on them.

Really good of you to reply:)

Mildred

Offline mildredr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday 05 February 14 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Annie, that's a great tip! I had a trial of  anc*stry but it seemed very limited re Scotland so I have not joined up since.

All the Best

Mildred

Offline Jill Edinburgh

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday 11 February 14 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Australorp

Peter Smith of Carnwath (Jnr) was my great, great, great, great grandfather. Peter's son, Allan Bertram Smith, was my grandfather's grandfather. Are you related to the Smiths of Carnwath ?

Offline derekjwatson25

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday 04 May 16 16:49 BST (UK) »
I attach 2 photos from graveyard whcih I took while looking for any information on Thomas Watson's grave ( married Janet Rankine abt 1805 ). Both him and his son also Thomas ( Married Margaret Stewart 1833) were born in Carnwath. My grandfather William John McLachlan Watson was born in Carnwath in 1871 and moved to Winchburgh around 1898.

Offline margmo1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Friday 06 May 16 16:24 BST (UK) »
I have lost a good lot of the information I had on my Hamilton family.
they stayed in the carnwath area & I was wondering if they were buried at carnwath.
WILLIAM HAMILTON died 1897 & his wife MARGARET KERR died 1894.
thanks for any help.
margaret

Offline Samuel Brown

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday 28 June 16 07:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you all. We have been looking for this monument for decades. This photo was passed down from family in Edinburgh. This is amazing!

By the way, this is the Brown Family Memorial that starts with James Broun died 1704 age 72, Tenant of Carlindean...contains Archibald Brown died 19 Dec 1845, Tenant of Tarbrax, wife Margaret Brown died 11 July 1863 age 65.

I saw where someone was looking for this as well.

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 23:58 GMT (UK) »
I know this is old post but hoping you have notification's  still switched on and can help me.

I am hoping  my 4 x grandparent's are mentioned in the burial register for Carnwath graveyard.

Jean Lawrie (Laurie ) nee Scott  died 25th June 1860 and according to her death certificate she was buried on the 26th June 1860 at Carluke.  She was a Laborer's widow. I am hoping her husband is with her or even in the same graveyard. Robert Lawrie died the 12th of June 1843 in Carluke.

Many thanks for you time and effort that you put into these requests.

Carol (in New Zealand )
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday 15 January 20 09:55 GMT (UK) »
I am hoping  my 4 x grandparents are mentioned in the burial register for Carnwath graveyard.
Jean Lawrie (Laurie ) nee Scott  died 25th June 1860 and according to her death certificate she was buried on the 26th June 1860 at Carluke.  She was a Laborer's widow. I am hoping her husband is with her or even in the same graveyard. Robert Lawrie died the 12th of June 1843 in Carluke.
If they both died in Carluke, and she was buried in Carluke, why do you think there might be a mention in the Carnwath burial register? Did they have a connection with Carnwath?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Online RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday 15 January 20 10:44 GMT (UK) »
I am hoping  my 4 x grandparents are mentioned in the burial register for Carnwath graveyard.

That date for Robert Lawrie (12th June 1843) is his burial date in Carluke according to the parish records