Author Topic: William HOGAN  (Read 1347 times)

Offline de windt

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
William HOGAN
« on: Saturday 13 June 09 18:57 BST (UK) »
Looking for a marriage of William Hogan son of William and Daisey William born 1919.

Enid

Moderator comment: this is getting quite close to 'living people' territory.  Please be careful what you post or send a pm to Enid with the information.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: hogan
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 June 09 00:10 BST (UK) »
Hi

You haven't given any info as to what county the marriage took place in or the name of his spouse.  His parents names are not shown on the GRO index so cannot help in any search

You are likely to find several entries for the name William Hogan on the GRO index so will need to have some means of narrowing your search

He will only have married in the very late 1930's or early 1940's and marriage transcriptions on freebmd are very sparse for that period - see link below
http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/progressM.shtml#1930

You will need to search the full GRO index  which is available at your nearest main library if you live in the UK.  It can also be searched online if you have an Ancestry subscription or at www.findmypast.com which is a paysite

However - without knowing at least the surname of his spouse, it will be difficult to pinpoint the correct marriage

If you know of any children born to them - you could buy a copy of one of their birth certs to find the mothers name and maiden name
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 June 09 10:13 BST (UK) »
Enid- is this Australia like your other posts for the family? If so a Moderator will move it to the Australian board. It is always best to provide enough information with your requests to avoid confusion and needless work for those trying to help you.

Added- moved to Australia board as William Hogan was born in Australia in 1919. If anyone can help with information please do so by PM.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 June 09 22:55 BST (UK) »
It is not that easy to search marriages from  the existing on line indexs in Australia  and  they  do not reveal the bride or grooms parents names.

you  may be better off trying to find his death ( if you do not allready have it ) and working back from  there.

I  have replied to  this on  the board and to inform others  who might read  the thread,
Jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 June 09 23:19 BST (UK) »
I have found his birth, possible marriage and possible death.  I can understand Enid's confusion.  Parents were married in the UK.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk