Author Topic: Kimberley & Lallygirl - THANK YOU  (Read 933 times)

Offline Gaille

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Kimberley & Lallygirl - THANK YOU
« on: Monday 15 June 09 16:50 BST (UK) »
I just want to say a Public "Thank You" to both of you for all your help recently.

A few weeks ago I posted asking for help locating my dads uncle who emigrated to Australia in the 1920's and whom we lost contact with in the 1950s when his father died.

Lally kindly offered to do some look ups for me at the National Library, and found Obituaries & death notices for my gt-uncle & both of his wives which were amazing for me to see and take in all the family information they contained - names I had no idea even existed!

Then I saw Kimberley offereing to take photos at the cemetery I knew my gt-Aunt was buried at, and I explained what I was looking for - any clues as to what happened to her baby son after her death (gt-uncle was away at war)..........

well she found me SO much more that I asked for!

We have pieced together what happened to him, (sadly he appears to have died young) I have a photo of his grave, and his death information, including yet more new family names .......

Even better - today I recieved an email from Kimberley ............. and I am sat here crying at what she has found for me ...............
I have a LIVING relative I have been trying to find out about (step daughter of my gt-uncle)  - and Kimberley has even spoken to her & she is happy for me to contact her!
I have the name, address and telephone number of a lady who hopefully can fill in the gaps!

I cant thank either of you enough for your help, it means SO much to me & my dad to finally know whats happened to our 'Australian family' and to have contact for someone who knew my gt-uncle is more than I hoped for.

Gaille
Manchester – Bate(s) / Bebbington / Coppock or Coppart / Evans / Mitchell / Prince / Smith

Cheshire Latchford – Bibby / Savage / Smith.
Cheshire Macclesfield,  Bollington & Rainow – Childs / Flint / Mc'rea
Cheshire Crewe – Bate(s) / Bebbington
Shropshire Wellington, Wobwell – Smith
Walsall Midds – Smith
Norfolk - Childs / Hanwell / Smith

Also looking for:
Mc'Rea/McCrea – Ireland to Cheshire

And
any relatives of Margaret Bibby married to Thomas Smith all over country