Author Topic: COMPLETE Birth and Marriage  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Riddlebrick

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
COMPLETE Birth and Marriage
« on: Monday 15 June 09 21:39 BST (UK) »
Hello

This is my first encounter outside of mainland UK.

I am looking for a birth record and the parents of John Graham Allison b XXXX.  All I have to go on is that I was told he was born in the Scilly Isles.  I have found a England and Wales BMD entry for Penzance at this time with the mothers maiden name of Bassett , I am sure it was possible to register the birth on the mainland.

I now need to find a marriage between surname Allison and Surname Bassett, I have nothing else to go on, is this search possible?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Emma

Moderator comment: since this relates to possible living person, please post only general guidance.  If you can help with specific detail, please send it by Personal Message to protect the privacy of those involved.  Thanks

Norfolk – Girdlestone
Durham & North Yorkshire – Stevens, Mordecai, Collingwood, Christopher, Taylor, Henderson, Grewcock, Charlton
Northumberland – Small, Swanston, Gilchrist
London – Genesis, Biggs
Wiltshire & Staffordshire – Stevens, Burt, Taylor, Maskell, James, Green, Onions
Scotland – Bertie, Henderson, Skene, Allison, Peacock

Offline Riddlebrick

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
COMPLETE Re: Birth and Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 18:51 BST (UK) »
Posted on wrong page, hadn't realised that the scilly isles were part of cornwall.

Sorry

This person is not living, died 1991, should have mentioned that.  I think that Scilly Isles is part of Cornwall and not an independent so maybe this post should be moved.

Emma
Norfolk – Girdlestone
Durham & North Yorkshire – Stevens, Mordecai, Collingwood, Christopher, Taylor, Henderson, Grewcock, Charlton
Northumberland – Small, Swanston, Gilchrist
London – Genesis, Biggs
Wiltshire & Staffordshire – Stevens, Burt, Taylor, Maskell, James, Green, Onions
Scotland – Bertie, Henderson, Skene, Allison, Peacock