Author Topic: Francis Blake Harriet Hirst  (Read 3058 times)

Offline zeta

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Francis Blake Harriet Hirst
« on: Monday 15 June 09 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hello Norah

I happened to come across this website while searching for my brother.  I was intrigued to see that a search for information on  Francis Blake and Harriet Hirst was listed in the postings.  My fathers name was Michael Francis Blake born in 1901 and I know he had a sister called Harriet.  Could they be two of the seven children you listed?  The other brothers and sisters of my father I do not know as myself and my brother were born in the 1950's and my mother and father split up in 1956.  By then my father was 55 years of age and unwell.  And so I only met Harriet my fathers sister twice in my life despite the fact that we all lived in Liverpool.  I know my father is buried at Ford Cemetry and I do have the grave number as he was buried with other family members - whom I do not know.  The only other thing I was told is that that my grandmother  died during the war years (2nd WW) as she was run over by a tram.  Some of the other names of the children resonate with me but I am unsure as to the reasons why.   The second time and what turned out to be the last time I met Harriet was in 1984 at her home in Liverpool as I was trying to find out some details of my dad who had died in 1975 as a reclusive.  That is all I know.

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Blake Harriet Hirst
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 June 09 22:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Zeta and Welcome to Rootschat.

I will provided the link to the original posting about the above names.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,363573.0.html

And suggest you add a reply to that link so that Norah will see your message.

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline charlotteCH

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy's worth chatting about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 01:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Zeta and welcome to rootschat ;D

charlotte

Offline NorahEllyn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Catherine Carroll, British Home Child
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 18:22 BST (UK) »
ZETA!!!  Oh my GOSH!!! Yes, I am almost SURE you are the family I'm seeking!!!!!  Here's the quick outline of the family...if this is a match, let's chat as soon as possible!!!!  I've been looking for your family for nearly 10 years, ever since I discovered that there was a VERY strong possibility and Francis Blake and my great-grandmother, Catherine Carroll were half-siblings.  (Catherine was sent as a British home child to Canada in 1882, and Francis stayed with his mother until she died in 1916.  I'm sure he wouldn't have known or remembered her. )  To be able to finally tie up this very very loose end would be a dream come true for me. 

1-Francis Blake b. Abt 1873, Liverpool, Lancashire, England, d. 4 Jun 1931,
  West Derby, Lancashire, England
 +Harriet Hirst b. 1879, Liverpool, Lancashire, England, d. 17 Mar 1942,
  Liverpool, Lancashire, England
|--2-Michael Francis Blake b. 23 Aug 1901, Liverpool, Lancashire, England, d. 6
|    Oct 1975, Liverpool, Lancashire, England
|--2-Harriet Blake b. 15 Jun 1905, Liverpool, Lancashire, England, d. 18 Sep
|    1998, Fazakerley Hospital, Fazakerley, Lancashire, England
|--2-Edward Blake b. Abt 1908, Liverpool, Lancashire, England
|--2-Joseph Blake b. Abt 1910, Liverpool, Lancashire, England
|--2-Francis Blake b. 16 May 1912, Liverpool, Lancashire, England
|--2-Ellen Blake b. 24 Jun 1914, Liverpool, Lancashire, England, d. 14 Jul
|--2-Josephine Blake b. 4 Dec 1923, Liverpool, Lancashire, England, d. 26 Dec
|    1951, Liverpool, Lancashire, England
This information is Crown Copyright, from "http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Always searching for:
Yoell,Kierzek,Starner,Shaw,Paszek,Harrison,Abrahams,Cohen,Zybala,Krawczyk,Moskalska,Laughead,Westall

Offline NorahEllyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 18:23 BST (UK) »
BTW...I have LOADS more information on this family (and some descendants), and I'll be happy to share with you everything I have.

Norah...your "maybe" cuz?

Always searching for:
Yoell,Kierzek,Starner,Shaw,Paszek,Harrison,Abrahams,Cohen,Zybala,Krawczyk,Moskalska,Laughead,Westall

Offline NorahEllyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 June 09 03:26 BST (UK) »
PPS... :)

The Harriet Hirst I'm looking for DID die in a tram accident on March 17, 1942.  An inquest was held on 8th April 1942 and it was determined that death was caused by a fracture of the base of the skull with injury to the brain accidentally caused by being knocked down by an electric tramcar.  Apparently, from the newspapers I read while in Liverpool, this was an all too common occurrence. 

I didn't know if you knew that Harriet Hirst Blake is also buried at Ford Cemetery.  Francis is buried near his mother in a pauper's grave, and Harriet's ashes are buried with her daughter Ellen Stewart.  I have photographs of the gravesite.

Can't wait to hear from you and share information!

Norah

Always searching for:

Offline zeta

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 17 June 09 23:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Ellyn  I know we have already spoken on the phone and so I am just sending you this link as the roots team suggested that I should in their e mail to me.

I am still trying to negotiate myself around this website!  Anyhow you have my e mail address so that is ok.  The roots site has my other email address which collects all the organisational stuff and spam that comes my way.

I look forward to your e mail
Kind regards
Dany

Offline charlotteCH

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy's worth chatting about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 18 June 09 11:17 BST (UK) »
Dany, I've  been following this thread... so welcome to rootschat ;D

charlotte

Offline NorahEllyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 18 June 09 17:02 BST (UK) »
Hey Dany!  I'm currently putting together the pages for you that will contain all that we talked about.  I can't wait to meet up and finally determine whether or not all of my 20 years of research is right--that my Catherine Carroll IS your Francis Blake's half-sister...

If only the Liverpool Catholic Childrens Protective Society had kept better records, we could have already been out there looking for the descendants of your dad's other brothers and sisters!  But unfortunately, all of the records from that time (some of which were turned over to Nugent Care) were lost or destroyed decades ago...

But that ain't gonna stop us from getting the answers ourselves! *Hi5*  I can't wait until April!

Norah

Always searching for: