Author Topic: howlin/moore  (Read 4092 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: howlin/moore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 26 September 09 12:07 BST (UK) »
I think I had a search for this priest before - but I double checked.. no sign of him in the two Thom's directories I have closest to the date you mentioned - 1852 and 1863

the closest matches to the surname I found were

1852 - Rev. George Whitty, Castlebridge (RC Diocese of Ferns)
 1863 - James Waddick, cc, Gorey

there is a death listed in the civil index of a Matthew Wickham of about the right sort of age in the New Ross district which could be him :

Name: Matthew Wickham
 Registration district: New Ross
 Record type: Death
 year: 1870
 volume: 4 / page: 663

It might be ordering the death cert to see if he is a priest, if he is you could have a parish to research for Catherine's birth (if Matthew stayed in the same parish since 1855).

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline gina45

• RootsChat Member
  • Catherine Leahy and Francis Meates
    • View Profile
Re: howlin/moore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 26 September 09 12:55 BST (UK) »
yeah you did a bit of research on this guy for me.. that is the name on the cert  its very clear.. but i will send for that cert just to see if he was a priest.. would that also tell you the parish he was in maybe... thanks for your help but as you see i havent got much further .. and stuck on a couple of other things also but not in wexford.. its worth it in the end but its very frustrating as well. thanks for your help
brennan o reilly leahy regan moore howlin meates/mates penston, toole, crowley adams